Sunday, March 21, 2010

So,

I started sort of reading through old posts. First, I went back and looked at the beginnings. I only made it partially through 05. Then, I started with the latest entries and worked my way back.

Turns out, It was WAYYYY more interesting back in the day. It's been pretty lame lame lame since at least 2008. Probably because I never wrote on it anymore and probably because I never did have anything interesting to say. Well, I may have had interesting things to say, I just never did.

I sit around on my computer too much anyway and lamely look at facebook. Why can't I just write a bit on here too?

It's 2010. The blog has been around since December 2004. I'd like to one day just print it all off and have a book of it. That would be pretty fun huh?

Serious updates about me have far been neglected.

Have you seen my dog? I don't know if she has made her way over here. Her name is Lumiya and I've had her since about August of 2008. I got her outside of Walmart one day. She was sitting so sadly in a box. She was covered in fleas and a tiny puppy!

This was her the day I got her, she was pretty dirty!


This was her dressed as harry pupper her first Halloween! Check out her ears!!!

And this is her and Chili Dog getting themselves their picture made last October (so she's pretty full grown. She ways about 25 pounds.) Chili is Andy's dog.

So where does her name come from you ask? If you forgot, her name is Lumiya. Lumiya is a name of a dark lady of the sith that can be found in some star wars books. She looks like this:

I think it's a pretty cool name too. I used to really enjoy the fact that I had never seen star wars. In fact, it can be found in the archives of this blog. Then, I listened to a Star Wars book on tape. I wanted to see the movies after that! I started with Episode 1 and worked my way through. I have now seen them all as well as listened to many Star Wars books and could really hold my own in Star Wars conversations. Also, I have some Star Wars pez dispensers, a Lumiya action figure, a Leia, an R2, a C3po, a Chubawca, a palpatine, a darth vader, a count dookoo, some other random stuff including a bobo phet bobble head, and also Andy and I put together a millennium falcon lego kit. (so don't even know if half of those words are spelled right!) I even bought him a Yoda flash drive for Christmas. Yikes huh? It's a snowball effect. You buy one thing, and then you want more. At some point, I will probably have a whole room dedicated to Star Wars stuff. And the nerd score goes up.

I did meet a girl who had a son named Jedi. (His middle name was also Luke). She had another son who had the middle name Mace. The father loves Star Wars, and it happened that Mace was a family name. He somehow got her sold on the idea of naming a child Jedi. I then was telling her about Luke Skywalker's wife. I told her I thought her name was pretty. It's Mara Jade. She said she has always liked the name Jade and Mara really went with it. I hope if they have a girl they name it Mara Jade! That's spectacular.

Oh! And I even made Andy an R2D2 cake for his birthday!!!


I guess it's a little bit pathetic once you write it all down...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you really got into the Star Wars huh? Your dog is absolutely adorable! I love those monsterous ears.

Isn't it funny that as you settle into life and really hit your stride it can seem less interesting?

For true boredom, check out my last few blog posts ;)
-thom