Tuesday, February 13, 2007

waiting for my laundry to finish...

so you get a wonderful update on the thoughts that run through my head...sweet...right?

I don't know if I've said it already...but I love looking at Saturn through a telescope. It's so little. I mean...I know it's not little, but it looks little in the telescope.

The clouds rolled in just as I was walking my kids up to the telescopes area. It made me so sad. I couldn't show them a single thing through them. Bummed me out. I love talking about all the stuff up in the sky. One of my favorite things to look at is Messier Object #37...or an open cluster in Auriga. It's so cool to show to the kids....because when you use a laser pointer to point to it in the sky...you don't really see any stars where it is. When you look in the telescope...there are tons of stars. The kids then have a wow moment, and I love it.

This picture does it absolutely no justice.



In other news...well there's no real other news to tell...

I mean I probably could come up with something...but eh...

have a wonderful night...

are you still reading this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always checking in here to see what you are up to. I will be in San Jose in two weeks, I am looking forward to running again! Snow here is deep and the air is COLD. Guessing you aren't having that problem!
-thom

um... yeah... said...

i always check it.

have you seen on the news the weather you're missing right now? i'm sure you're so sad...

... said...

Still reading it? I never read it in the first place. I just came for the pictures.

That picture reminds me of all the snow that fell the other night. But Idylwyld doesn't know what that's about...