Saturday, July 21, 2012

So I ran a 50k.

I should probably say something about it huh?

What is a 50k? It's a 31ish mile race. This particular one was a trail run at Lake Sylvia in Perryville, AR. It was at night. It basically was on a gravel road the whole time.

I had no idea how this race would go or if I would even like it, but I decided to give it a shot. 

Well, I liked it. :) I had so much fun on this race.

I finished in 5 hours and forty minutes. It wasn't a half bad time for my first 50k, or for this course.

I loved the aid stations and the amount of food that were at them. It was my first ultra, so I had never experienced a run with such amounts of food. I even drank Mountain Dew!

I felt good the whole time and even finished very strongly.

As soon as I finished, I didn't feel good! My calves wanted to cry!

Sooo, I took a glorious ice cold shower, and the hard stream of water felt so wonderful on my calves...and my back.

What else? I saw 2 snakes and may have stepped on a third.

I only ended up with one blister.

I ate a hot dog afterwards.

I drank beer.

I hung out with cool people.

Today was the first day  I really got a run in since, and I ran 14 miles and felt good...so I'm ready to keep on training!

I will do this again.

I will do a longer distance too. I may like ultras. I may like trail running. I may be crazy.

I know several other crazy people though.

Here are some of them:

7 comments:

shebalynnx said...

Very very cook Rose! I'm glad you gave it a try, I'm glad you liked it and will be back!
Happy Running!!

J.Deal said...

My opinion of you just dropped...You hate a hot dog?? What did that delicious tube of mechanically separated meat ever do to you? Besides perhaps bless you with a shart or two?

rose said...

no no no...I ate a hot dog. I have corrected it. I love mechanically seperated meat.

Andrea said...

You & Andy should run to Wisconsin. I'll buy you all the hot dogs you can eat.

Clark Morrison said...

Rose -
Your stepdad here. Please send your mom your email address. Meanwhile, I thought you would enjoy this:

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2012/06/long_distance_running_and_evolution_why_humans_can_outrun_horses_but_can_t_jump_higher_than_cats_.single.html

carpet cleaning in indianapolis said...

My opinion of you just dropped...You hate a hot dog?? What did that delicious tube of mechanically separated meat ever do to you? Besides perhaps bless you with a shart or two?

carpet cleaning indianapolis said...

You & Andy should run to Wisconsin. I'll buy you all the hot dogs you can eat.