Saturday, July 07, 2012

Things I miss about Indanapolis...

I basically lived my whole life in and around the Indianapolis area. I spent several years after college there. I know this town. I love this town. I haven't lived there since the end of 2006. I don't think I will ever live there again. Who knows though. I do miss things about it. I'm going to make a list. I'm too lazy to add in links or pictures or anything. The list is in no particular order.

1. Yats- It's cajun food, and it's fast, and it's cheap, and it's soooo good! If you haven't eaten there and you are in Indianapolis, you need to go!!!

2. Broadripple- I love the whole area. I used to be able to walk down Broadripple Ave and see people I knew, and I spent a lot of time in this area.

3. Broadripple Deli- They make steamed sandwiches on bagels. Oh my, Oh my, Oh my!

4. The Monon Trail

5. The Canal

6. IUPUI- oddly enough.

7. Living in a city- there is soo much to do! I love it.

8. My family-of course

9. My friends- of course

10.  The Spaghetti Factory- Soooo good.

11. The Athletic Annex running club-This club got me to start knocking races out of the park and I miss the weekly group runs we had. I was chasing the faster runners and that helped!

12. Downtown Indianapolis- If you want to see a city that is well planned, check out Indianapolis. If you want to see a downtown that is easy to navigate and very vibrant, check out Indianapolis. Also, they have the coolest system of tunnels.

13. FLAT RACES- enough said.

14. Bazbeaux Pizza- mmmmmm.

15. Plenty of places to eat.

16. The Colts!- I miss being able to go somewhere and watch a game and have such an atmosphere of so many fans together.

17. Pacers games- I miss going to them.

18. my cool house on Pennsylvania St.- minus the crazy roommate.

19. The Catholics- there was a mighty cool group of them there.

20. 4 hours from the Red River Gorge

21. I have to be missing something.

Well, there you go. Indy is a good place. I miss the people, I miss the stuff. I miss being a city girl.  However, I do love my life now, and don't get your hopes up, I'm not moving back anytime soon :). Sorry grandma. :)

2 comments:

mscarlett said...

We miss you too. Tonight you missed a BeeGees tribute group at Symphony on the Prairie. They looked and sounded exactly like them. It was great...

Unknown said...

Nice blog :) COme ang check out mine . ^_^