Monday, June 25, 2012

slightly embarrassing...

If you want to read a story about yours truly...then click here.


There ago, you did it. You may have already read it, so didn't have to click there.

Just thought I needed to post it on my blog.

I'm excited for this weekend! I'm doing a race in Indianapolis called the Mudathlon with Jessie and Patrick. Three miles, forty obstacles. This should be fun.

Jessie and Patrick are getting married in September. :) I was there when they met. This picture was taken the day they met. We were at a party at Jake's house. Jake's was a coworker of our friend Lynsey. I thought Jake's roommate Jake was cute. He did triathlons.

Here's Jessie and I that day:


So, back to Jake...this could be embarrassing. haha. For the sake of this story, I'm going to change one of the Jake's names to cute guy. I got Jake's email address from Lynsey, and I emailed Jake about his roommate cute guy. Well, thanks google, it saves everything.  Here is the email I sent.

how are you?  what's new?
my thoughts for the day...
I think your roommate is really cute....and really nice...and really cool...because he runs...and likes outdoorsy stuff...plus...he's a Christian...I like that. 
I think your roommate and I...and for that matter...you and I should be friends. 
You should pass this along to your roommate... :)
Rose

WHAT WAS I THINKING???????? Wow. I was gutsy.  I got a response... suppose I will show you.

Jake forwarded the email on to cute boy with the response "here you go brotha."

Then cute boy e-mailed me!!!!

Really cute, really cool, and really nice, huh? If onlythat were enough to get me through life I'd be set. So, you seem to begetting into rock climbing. I went to RRG about a month ago to climb forthe first time. Climbing is definitely a good time. I do more than run,by the way, I bike and swim too (and a lot of other stuff). I competedin a half Ironman on Sunday. Finished in 5:43:32. That's a long time. Thatwill wear you out. What have you been up to since that awesome party Jakeand I threw? Anyway, I'm training for a marathon right now. Maybe we canhook up for a run on the Monon sometime. You better bring your fast runningshoes though, because I run like the wind. -Jake

We emailed back and forth a few times, and then I guess I got gutsy enought to ask to hang out... haha.  I through it on at the end of an e-mail.

so yeah, if you ever want to get together to run, or ride a bike really slow, or eat, or watch a movie, or kick a soccer ball...or climb...or go to church...well, we should :).

The response I got at the end of the e-mail he sent back?

Anyway, about getting together... It sounds like of like a date and I usually don't date shy girls which you so obviously are. I might be able to make an exception for you though. When do you leave/get back from KY this weekend?

That's Jake sitting next to me...



So we went on a few dates...but nothing came of that.

I told you all that because it really is funny. I went back through our e-mails, and they are pretty boring. I thought they were pretty fantastic at the time, but I guess that is what a crush is. All we talked about was soccer, running, climbing, and triathlons, and church. Fanstastic huh?

Well I did my very first Star Wars movie with him. That's significant. I am sorry Andy if I told you differently, I may have forgot.


This isn't the same story as Jessie and Patrick.  Jessie and Patrick also met at that party, but things turned out way differently for them :). I am so happy for them!

I ran a 5k with Jessie the morning of the day of their first date. They went to a baseball game.


This is Jessie and I on the morning of the day of their first date.


That's my white Jeep in the background, and the car in front of it is one I bought for $500. It was amazing.

So, anyway, I'm glad they went on a date. Turns out she is marrying one of the funniest guys around. He is spectacular. Here he is.


Ok, I picked a very old, very goofy picture, but that's Patrick. :)

Here they are now.



Well, this was really chaotic. It will be fun to read a few years from now, and that is what is making this blog fun anyway.

Congrats Jessie and Patrick! Can't wait to see you this weekend!


No comments: