Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I'm a maniac :)

Well, I've neglected this thing. I'm good at that. I have had this blog since 2004, and it started out strong. It fizzled out completely, but now I'm back to it.

Why don't I update more? That's a simple answer. I don't ever want to spend the time to do it. Now, that doesn't mean I don't have the time. It just means I don't want to spend my time on this. Plus, nobody comments on here anymore. :( I know I know...I'm lame!

So Andy said I needed to update. He said you've ran a marathon since then. That's true. I've done a marathon plus some other stuff.

I did the Andy Payne Memorial Marathon in Oklahoma City. It was a tiny tiny marathon on a terrible course and it was windy and hot. Sounds fun huh? Well, sort of. :) Besides my legs cramping up on me. At least some good people ran it with me, and a good friend of mine worked hard on the sidelines.

So why did I do this? Well, it turns out if you run 3 marathons in 90 days, then you can sign up to be a Marathon Maniac. What's that you ask?  Click here and find out.

So, let me introduce you to Marathon Maniac #5578

Well I look crazy enough don't I?

In other news,

*I went on a cruise. I won 3 trophies, 4 medals and a bottle of champagne. That's what I do.  Maybe I will blog about that another day.

*I did a Warrior Dash with my lovely friend Vicki. It's always an adventure with her. We had sooo much fun and I got third in my age group and seventh overall for the women. Doesn't it look like we are having fun?



*The day after the Warrior Dash, I ran with my friend Case in her first real half marathon :). We had a good time, and I drank mimosas. I'm proud of her for finishing. She had ran a total of 3 miles in the past 6 months before doing it. Maybe I shouldn't have talked her into it, but I knew she could do it. On another note, aren't we sexy??




*I like peanut butter sandwiches

*I can't live without chapstick

*I like bananas

*My puppy dogs are cute

*Andy stole my Darth Vader helmet I was using as decoration at work.

*Random enough?

*I read through old blog posts recently, and you know what? I used to talk constantly about the Pacers.

*I still love Scot Pollard. No idea who he is? It doesn't matter.

*Do you know who Here Come The Mummies Are? If you don't, google them.  They are great.





That's it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a magnificent maniac!!! Enjoyed reading your blog, again. I like PB sandwiches too:) Martha C.

rose said...

I miss you Martha :) and I'm glad you commented haha.

Judy said...

Loved the update, the photos and of course, "The Maniac"!

Lorna said...

You are a maniac Rose - You have so much to be proud of. Keep it up do and be all that you can be, life is to short to waste time thinking about doing something. You got the right idea just do it.

rose said...

thanks everyone. and thank you thank you for commenting. haha.

Andrea said...

Brian loves Here Come the Mummies. I hope they play at your Vow Renewing Wedding in the future. :)