Sunday, May 08, 2005

I DID IT!!!

So I ran the one america 500 festival mini-marathon. I ran it all folks!! I ran slow..just a nice jog..but I still ran every last bit of it. I did stop to use a port-a-potty once... Other than that I just did a leisurly jog..gave kids high fives..danced to the bands playing good music...let kids spray me with their squirt guns.. It was so fun! Also..I got a cool medal for finishing. The whole run was relatively easy. It was a lot easier than I thought it was. The hardest part of it was between the point where there was 3/4 of a mile left and 1/2 a mile left. It felt so incredibly long. Now that it's over, I think I am going to start doing some speed training. A few months ago, I went out and ran 1 mile to see how fast I could run. I ran it pretty darn fast..it was under 7 minutes..closer to 6:30. My goal now is to do a 5k in less than 21 minutes. Also, next year, I am going to try and run a marathon.


*A few years ago...I would have never thought that I could run 13.1 miles. It's kind of funny. I could say I was running a mini-marathon, and I don't think people would believe me. Now, people know I am crazy into running...

*One guy that runs with us is much faster than us. He was supposed to meet up with us at a certain spot. They had a family reunion center..and we were supposed to meet at staion R. He thought that we were supposed to meet back at the starting line at corral R. Poor guy. So we couldn't find him anywhere. We checked the medical tents..we had them announce his name..we still couldn't locate him. We decided to walk back to the car to see if he was there. He wasn't there..apparently he had walked back to the car to see if we were there and had left about 10 minutes earlier. We decided to leave and hope he called us. We called his dad and his best friend to see if they had heard from him..they hadnt.. He finally was found, and all was well. If that wasn't bad enough, while he was running, he hurt his foot about mile 4. He thinks it is broken..he said he couldn't feel it at all. His dreams of a good time were dashed. I hope it isn't broken. Then, on his way back home to ft. wayne, he got stuck in traffic. He said he went 8 miles in 1 hour. I am not sure how long he was stuck in traffic. Needless to say..his day was absolutely awful!

*PACERS ARE MOVING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the heck!?! You are a freak of nature. I can't run over one mile without my body shutting down!

You really aren't a freak, I'm just jealous and instead of complimenting you I am going to ridicule you.

So boo YA!