Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's about that time...



It has been a little while since I've updated. I have been a busy girl! Last time I updated was last Wednesday, and from Thursday on...I have been going nonstop. Thursday, I went to the Pacer game. They lost. I teared up when Reggie did. That was his last game. The crowd gave him a good send off, and for that, I am happy. For some reason I brought my digital camera with me to the game. I left it in the bathroom. I thought I had lost it for good, but somebody turned it in. Weird. In celebration of that, I had my camera by my side all weekend. That's weird for me too. I did a lot of driving this weekend. Actually, I wasn't the one driving, so I was actually riding. On Friday, I went with C. Brian to Wabash, IN, then we came back to Indy, then we went back to Wasbash sat morning, and then to Ft. Wayne sat night, then back to indy monday. Shew.. I spent a lot of time with C. Brian this weekend. When I say a lot...I mean A LOT. I think we were almost together constantly for about 4 days. Wow. We didn't get on each other's nerves at all. Well, maybe I got on his, but he hid it well :). It was nice. We got to talk a lot. The picture above was taken in the car at some point. I just installed Photoshop on my comp, so I decided to use it. :) I turned the pic black and white. Go me!!! I think it is a cute pic.

New news in my life:
First...random thought...is news called news because it is NEW???

Second...I randomly went into the Picture People a couple weeks ago and filled out an application. For those of you who don't know, I was a manager there till October of 2003. I liked it. I want to be able to have free use of a photo studio so I can take pics all the time!!! Well, not all the time, but once a week. It will be cool. I just applied to get a seasonal position for father's day, but I think they want me permanently. That's cool. They loved me. Nobody is working there that was there when I was there...except for one lady named Ruth...Ruth Olson. Everybody else is gone...so the drama should be gone too. The funny thing is I have to redo my training pics. I know how to freaking take pictures! I know everything there is to know about the picture people...but alas! I have to take pictures of a teddy bear again...Oh well.

Third...My job title at Reese has changed. I am now a sales and inventory analyst. Old Brian works at Reese now. He has my old job in the IT department. He is more suited for that anyway, and my new job will allow me to work anywhere anytime once I go back to school in August. YES!!!! I don't have to fix anymore computers!!!!! Plus, being an analyst almost goes with a math degree...almost...

This post sucks...

One day soon I will get out of the rut...until then...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post rawks!! You must have a lot of guts to post a picture of me on your blog; now everybody knows what I look like...nooooooooooooooo.....
You forgot to mention that right after that picture was taken, I swerved into the other lane and ran a car of the road!j/jk You know how to take pictures, but I think in a car is not the right place, especially when the driver's in it:)

-Brian

um... yeah... said...

i love how you cleverly cut someone out of a picture so you'd have one of you for your profile. nice.

are you going to show sunday? maybe bring a friend?

Anonymous said...

You put yourself in the rut get yourself out of the rut!

rose said...

soon soon I say...Tyana, I will be there Sunday...don't think I will have any friends...nobody likes me :(

... said...

The picture is very calvin klein-esk. You should show it to picture people to get out of your training.
And don't frown about nobody liking you. I'm nobody and I like a lot of people who seem to be happy about it.

Anonymous said...

BTW if anyone doesn't have / can't afford photoshop and needs to do some photo editing you can download a program called GIMP at www.gimp.org that does the same stuff.

If you have used photoshop a bit and are comfortable with the interface you can load a gui extension called "gimpshop" that makes GIMP look and feel like photoshop 5.5/7.0

BTW it is all available for free on MAC, Windows, and Linux.

Now that I have plugged commie free software I am going back to lurking...

-thom

rose said...

Thanks Thom! I love your plugs :). I love free software too...