Wednesday, June 01, 2005

blogs

It seems like blogging is all the rage these days. There is Xanga, Livejournal, Typepad, Blogger, Myspace, and probably a whole bunch more. As I recall, chat rooms used to be pretty cool, now it's blogs. They always say not to trust people that you meet online, but for some reason, the world of blogs seems like a safe place, doesn't it? I don't know, that is what it kind of feels like to me. If I read somebody's blog, I assume the things they are saying about themselves are true. I assume the things they say about their beliefs are true. I am sure that is not the case. There could be crazy blogging rapists or kidnappers just lurking around. Maybe they don't waste their time with that. Not very many people would be that motivated to meet their blog friends. They are just that, blog friends. They aren't the real life kind you go out with and things like that. I know that real friends read this too. There are real friends, and then there are blog friends. badchristian is having a blogvention next year. That would be a chance to get a lot of blog friends together. What do you guys think of that? Should blog friends meet? Will it change the way people write? It wouldn't change mine because I want people I know reading it. Ok, this is kind of random. Now, If you haven't heard of http://www.myspace.com you should check it out. It is different. The whole purpose is not really the blog part but to find people you know or meet knew people. I decided to check it out, and now i get requests from guys wanting to be my friends. I wonder if myspace friends ever meet each other and how that works out. I am not saying having online friends is bad, but it seems that it is kind of messing with our reality this day. My friend matt pulled the plug on his xanga and it made me sad. I liked to read it and I liked his comments. He said we would just have to talk in person from now on. ha. I have became dependent on blogs to keep updated on my friends' life. That is the thing these day. Technology baby! I still love technology, but not as much as you you see...but i still love technology...always and forever...

Alright, that is all I am going to ramble about today! Talk at me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging in the "news" today here as well: http://slashdot.org under something like "blogging for pay" or something.

I will repost if that link is dead...

-thom

rose said...

that's interesting...I wouldn't mind getting paid to blog. Maye Reese needs a blog..ha.

Anonymous said...

rose are you busy tonight (thurs)?
is great scott playing in broad ripple? call me...
sarah

Anonymous said...

Of course blog friends should meet. Face to face relationships are so much more authentic than cyber ones and I think it would help us care and understand about the people we read. Plus, its just kind of cool to meet random people from all over the country.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Adam! Long time no talk!