Monday, June 20, 2005

I am coming back...I can just feel it...

Hello!!! How is everybody today??? I am well..thanks for asking! Ha...alright...moving on...

I know that for a while I was really on a roll as far as writing about faith issues...I sort of departed away from all that because really nothing has changed. I am still where I was when I started this darn blog. Actually, a lot has changed in my life, but no so much in my progress in finding a church and such the like. Well now, I have decided on a church I am going to go to for right now. This church has so many different ministry areas...it's crazy. It is really good to see. I like the guy who preaches too. They also have a young adult small group that gets together once a week. I already have a small group, but the more the merrier I guess... I think that this place will be my temporary home until I actually figure out what is going on in my head.

Last week, I went to Theology on Tap. I got to talk to the very same priest who inspired this post. I like this guy. He is very intelligent and actually listens. There was another guy there named Noah. He was funny. He told me he used to be Baptist too. I got really excited and gave him a high five. He then told me he converted when he was 2 and a half. Yeah..whatever...I told him I would love to talk to his parents. Anyway..he told me he thought that my soul was not too far gone yet and that there still was a chance that I could avoid hell. He was joking. All in all, the conversation with them was very good.

C. Brian is still around. We have not really talked about theological things lately. I think I am just exhausted and drained. I am just sick of talking and not going anywhere. I know he is there to spark up a good conversation if it is so needed though. Oh! Just in case you are wondering because I know there is some confusion in the matter...we are dating. Oh what would my baptist friends think? Oh well..Brian is different...he is nice and cute and funny and Christian...We have this weird crazy connection...When I am around him I just feel totally at peace...Alright..I will stop now.

So basically, I am still a Christian and I still feel like I have no sense of direction. I still wish that we all could be united and I still know it isn't going to happen. I don't care so much about minor theological differences. I don't think other people should either. I just think we should work together to show what Christ is all about. NOT what Christianity is all about because they are two totally different things. They shouldn't be..but they are....The view of Christians is definitely not who Christ is. Oh that is confusing... I am still not Catholic...although Noah told me I was ripe for the harvest..haha...

Tyana-your word for me was man-magnet...I like it..that makes me feel good ;). It must be because I am hot..as Asher so well put. For you tyana...I shall call you Lafonda...because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me...I'm 100% positive you are my soulmate...Ha..I just wanted to throw some Napoleon Dynamite in the mix.

I fell that soon I am going to have a very insightful post..it is coming!!!! until then... I am ripping this off of somebody's Xanga...but hey...why not? I know we already did number 4...kind of..this time..all you have to do is give me your name...I will give you the rest.

01. Reply with your name and I will write something I like about you.
02. I will then tell what song/movie/icon reminds me of you.
03. If I were to apply an o'clock to you, I'll tell you what it would be.
04. I will try to name a single word that best describes you.
05. I'll tell you the most memorable moment I've had with you.
06. I will tell you what animal you remind me of.
07. I'll then tell you something that I've always wondered about you.

3 comments:

um... yeah... said...

lafonda. it fits! thanks, rose.

going thursday and saturday? saturday for sure for me - thursday's our "system upgrade" day, so i could be at work till midnight. don't know if i'll make the show.

the josh rocks my face off!

Anonymous said...

Ty,
Your Josh is one amazing drummer and musician. Great Scott is blessed to have him for at least 3 months. I hope he stays longer, at least until we are all old and gray and famous, but no pressure on Josh. He is the best drummer and person we could ever ask for. Tell him I said hi!
Hey Rose!!! My name is Brian Scheidler. What are your answers going to be for me?? I like your updated blog, especially your picture:)

Anonymous said...

DO ME!

-thom