Wednesday, May 18, 2005

the track...

I went to the speedway on sunday. It was pretty fun. I had a few issues when I got there, but it all got worked out. John Reese told me he was going to be able to get me pit passes. This really is the only reason why I went. I am not that big into racing, but it would be cool to be in the pit. C. Brian and I get there, and John Reese meets up with us and takes us to the tent we need to go to to get pit passes. (There are a lot of to's in that sentence..) Alright..moving on.. I happened to be wearing flip flops. Turns out you can't get into the garage or pit area wearing flip flops. John tells me that, and I am sort of bummed. We try to get in anyways...and sure enough...they wouldn't let me. C. Brian and I then start wandering around for a minute. I just didn't talk...I was trying to figure out what to do and keep from crying. I couldn't leave to go get shoes because then I wouldn't be able to get back in. Plus, we would actually have to go get shoes somewhere else. He drove, if I would have drove, I am sure we could have found about 10 pairs of shoes in my car. We go into the gift shop area...they sell socks there. I had no cash...but Brian bought me a pair of nice crew socks for 8 dollars. I like him...he is nice :). I go to the bathroom and put them on over my flip flops. It looked ridiculous. I came out of the bathroom, and Brian laughed at me for about 5 minutes. I was mad at him and wouldn't move until he stopped laughing at me. They let me in, so that was all that mattered and we had a good time. I just looked funny. Ha..well this is a really long post for such a dumb story.

Lesson learned: If you want to go to the racetrack...and you want to go into the pit, wear some damn shoes!! K?

4 comments:

um... yeah... said...

no flip-flops but socks are okay? that's weird.

glad you got to go in, though. and i would've hit him for laughing b/c i would've been nearly in tears, too. go girl.

rose said...

I don't think they noticed the socks...They don't fully check you out or anything. They just notice your toes if you don't have real shoes on. I wonder if Josh would have allowed me to wear that on stage if I ever forgot to wear closed toe shoes??

... said...

Yea, I spilled some milk and almost cried once too. What a pansy! I'd be laughing too... hell I am laughing. You rock, Rose, and the situation sucked, but cmon, have a sense of humor. It all turned out for the better in an abnormal, humorous way. What more do you want? Really, what more do you expect, 65% of your life's ventures are not normal, this is no exception.

um... yeah... said...

update your blog!

yeah i know - who am i to talk?