Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm glad...

that the Colts won on Monday. Hopefully they don't let the tragicness that has been the last couple weeks fall back into place.

Christmas is almost here. It's so weird. This year went soooo fast. I haven't even started Christmas shopping.

Don't worry Thom...I'm going to keep updating this blog...and I'll keep sunshine thrown your way. I think I'll hold on to this blog for while...People do still read it...they just don't comment anymore. :(. It's all myspace now. Damn myspace. Glad it's around though. It's a good time killer. Once I'm on the other side of the country, I'm going to be really glad it's around. It makes it easier to keep in touch with people.

Astrocamp...that's fun to say. It sounds so incredibly nerdy. I love it. I'm actually going to get to have a nerdy job! What my life needed. I mean, I guess the Math Assistance Center was sort of nerdy...but astrocamp? Well, that's just sounds incredibly wonderful and cool. Cool meaning my definition of cool...which is completly uncool. That's the way to be. Not normal...Well, I think not normal is cool. You know? Chacos with socks...totally cool. My Christmas shirt that says Santa's Little Helper...totally cool...leggings...not cool...but I make them cool.

Back in the day, when all I listened to was Christian music (eek!)...I remember riding in my friend's car...and this song came on...and she told me it was my song...basically the chorus goes...

I'm not cool and that's ok...

that's how I feel...ha ha.

Cool: such a funny word anyway. I remember being in middle school...and all I wanted to be was cool. Cool meaning being accepted by a small group of people that thought that they mattered more than everybody else. I mean, I even had a paper route to pay for cheerleading camp. I never tried out. I mean, could you see me as a cheerleader?? It would be ridiculously funny. I can't even do a cartwheel...and if we had to do dance routines...well that would just hilarious. You've seen me dance...right?

I guess that's it...this is a really random post...

Edit: I just heard on the news that Bush says we're not winning the war in Iraq right now...what???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

be a good Catholic and mumble along with the song

andy

um... yeah... said...

it's a good thing W finally got the clue like the rest of america! geez!

i miss singing with you too, rose! and i miss breakfast trips to BK and tots at the owings' on sunday evenings.

such good times...

Jim Rodenbeck said...

Your mom tends to be pretty demanding that things go her way, even when those things are church-related. That's one of the main reasons I felt the need to move on in my life without her. I felt like our relationship was becoming pretty one-sided. My opinion was always secondary to hers. I love her, and often miss her. And, we had some good times together. But, when I was around her (especially later on), I could just feel my passion for life being sucked right out of me. I felt like I was becoming an old man.

Jim