Monday, December 18, 2006

sometimes...

Alright, so I'm a pretty guarded person. I think I've mentioned that before on here...and I'm sure a lot of you already know that. I don't know why. Sometimes I blame it on my family life, and other times I blame it on the fact that I went to 13 different schools before graduating high school. I'm not saying I'm a completely cold person, but I definitely don't where my heart on my sleeve. My ex-boyfriend told me I was incapable of love. That's not true...I was just incapable of loving him. So anyway, that really doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I thought it was funny when he told me that. Alright, back on track. (as if there is a track...it's all just ramblings anyway...) Now, I'm at a point where I sort of want to be a girl and be all emotional around my friends. Ok, not crazy emotional. I'm not going to start balling or anything...Well maybe I will. The upcoming events in my life are going to be crazy. I'm going to miss people like crazy. What? you're wondering... Well, it looks like I'm about to pick up and move across the country to California.

I'm gonna miss my friends like crazy. I know I'll make new ones. I'm outgoing...I always can find people to hang out with. Some of these people are friends that have been around for a looong time. Plus, there's places I'm going to miss. Maybe you're thinking...ROSE! it's California! This is familiar...I know it. I know the people. Yat's! I love Yat's. I'm going to miss that place.

I know this post makes no sense. That's what I'm good at. See, I'm trying to let a little out of my head...and then it doesn't work...because it just all comes out jumbled.

I went out to dinner the other night with Jessie and Patrick and Lynsey and Adam...oh and my cousin...I brought him along as my date (sad isn't it? ;) ). We were exchanging Christmas stuff...but they also got me a going away card, a cake, and a compass. The compass is so i can find my way back. I almost teared up. Well, i wanted to be all sappy...I'm going to miss those people...

My family...it will be weird being that far away. Sarah...

The other person that comes to mind that I'm going miss is Brian Math. He keeps popping in my head as someone I'm really going to miss. I mean, I haven't gone more than a month without seeing him since I met him. He listens to all my stories. Ha. He just shakes his head. He's a good friend now...not just a math buddy. Plus, he's the one who got me into climbing. :) I told him I was going to get sappy on him before I left. I bet he's looking forward to that.

Then there's all the other climbing people. They're a different brand though...they climb. I'll see them somewhere...climbing. I've got to find a whole new climbing group. The Kentucky crew won't be in California. Horsepens=not in California. Next time I see Mortal Combat...I will be super strong, and Mark Osbourne sure better be there, because I have to send that one at night with him present. :)

I'm not really sure this post came out at all like I wanted to. Now, there's just spotty stuff about what I'm going to miss. There's going to be tons more I miss of course...but I guess the whole point I really want to get across is...well...I guess I don't know. I'm getting a bit sad now. I see people, and I hope I see them again before I leave. I'm bummed I'm not going to Rock Town for Christmas Eve. Now, I wish Dan and Mark and Ana were still going to Horse Shoe Canyon Ranch instead of Rock Town. I could swing a trip there for the new year. It would only add a couple hours to my trip. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...Rose,now you've made me all sad. : ( Why do all my friends keep moving away?? You're the 4th one in a year to leave me! I envy you though. Sometimes I wish I could just up and move away to somewhere else. But I'm just to emotional and sentimental and I would miss everyone too much. I'm sure you'll do fine though and love it there. That would be super sweet if I could come visit someday-you know since I'm a flyer and all now. haha....I'll miss you lots though--we gotta make sure we hang out before you leave. I'm off Wed. if you're still up to take me climbing....I gotta get all my xmas stuff done that day too though so I'll have to let you know for sure....

Anonymous said...

Rose,

I am sad for all your friends and happy for you all at once. I have had a few friends do the Ca move, and it did challenge each of them to grow into even cooler people, I expect the same will happen to you. What part do you plan to move to?

I would like to beg you to do one thing, can you keep this blog up and post us a little sunshine and salty breeze from time to time?

Other than that, go get em!

-thom