Wednesday, August 31, 2005

it's going to be a new blog...

So i think the whole focus of this blog is about to change. It may detour some of you from reading...it may not...maybe it will bring thom back...who knows. This blog is going to be about a journey...a long hard journey that my soul is struggling hard to get through. It is sort of for my own reference...who knows maybe one day it will be a book...that would be pretty sweet. Of course...all of the random crap will still be there...but it essentially will be different.

What is this journey so you ask? Well it is a journey of finding my faith...finding my home...and in the words of U2...I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

Some background:

It seems that my home is close but I don't want to go in. I am not sure why, but I just can't bring myself to go in...to take it as my home. I don't know what is. I think pride has a lot to do with it. Actually probably pride has everything to do with it. See...I was brought up Baptist (as many of you know) and I was basically taught the Baptists are the only ones right...and that especially that Catholics were wrong. I sort of clung to that. I remember my best friend in second grade was Catholic. We would get in fights all the time about differences in beliefs. It was funny. I even dated a Catholic in high school. I think I basically told him he was going to hell because he hadn't "asked Jesus into his heart." When I broke up with him...because "I wanted to date a Christian," he told me he would read his Bible more. That is a comment that always sticks in my mind. He then spread it around to the Chuck E. Cheese folks that I was anti-Catholic. There were a lot of Catholics there, so they would make comments from time to time.

Now...I must honestly say that i had never met a Catholic that impressed me much...they all seemed to be Catholic by name...and that was about it. They had no clue what they believed...and heaven forbid! they didn't even own a Bible! In college...I left the Baptist church. I just couldn't put up with the holy attitude my church was giving off any longer. I got in trouble for going line dancing once...the pastor would always get onto me for wearing pants...and the final straw was when I got in trouble for singing a song that had too much drums. What song was it you ask? Well click here to find out. It gets a little crazy in the end...oh yeah. So I left...I went to the plain ole Christian church. I found out about my freedom in Christ and totally had a change in perspective. Matt can agree with that.

Now here is where the real story begins:

I am probably going to have to post a lot to get the story up to date. I will just start with the very beginning for now.

A couple years ago, I started listening to Catholic radio. I think that some of you may remember this. At first it was mainly a big fascination. I sort of liked hearing of all the little rules and then laughing. Then, as I listened more, I noticed that Catholics weren't as bad as I once thought. It became my favorite radio station. (I know I know...I am a nerd) Brian T. would just shake his head at me. Well my friends...that is where the journey begins...I will give you more later.

On a side note:

I saw a big pink suburban today. It was sort of weird.

4 comments:

... said...

Pink Suburban, GROSS!

Anonymous said...

You kick ass Rose!

These are certainly challenging times to be exploring ones spiritual self. The messages sent to progressive post-modern thinkers is a rather dismal one, however the discussions that can be had with our friends and coffee shop gurus can be equally rewarding.

It seems like there is so much black and white, right and wrong being preached by so many people that has no real practical application in the world today.

I hope you find hope, tranquility, love, and comfort in this journey.

-thom

um... yeah... said...

so glad you updated. and wtf with the pink suburban? was it a mary kay lady? hahaha! i'm excited to hear more, my chica! :)

rose said...

thanks thom :) you rock.