Friday, September 02, 2005

Christ and his church...can't get much more bling than the church founded on the rock!

That title is dedicated to my friend Tony. (Pictured below) It's the title of his blog.

Girls! He's single!

Tony left for Virginia today. He was only 4 hours away from me...but now, if I want to visit...it probably would be best to fly. He is going to be working with the missioners or something like that. Maybe I'll just move to Virginia...how does that sound Tony? Ha...I probably could find a university out there...right? Tony is part of this crazy journey I am on. He is a fellow math major from Cumberland College. We studied together a few times in college, but never really hung out or anything like that. I was a crazy baptist girl and he was a partying Catholic. :) We belonged to two different worlds. After college, we somehow got in touch. He has basically been out of the country the last couple years doing mission work. He has grown so crazy much! I like to refer to him as the Catholic super hero now. I have got to see him more in the last couple months than I have seen him since I transferred away from Cumberland. He has been quite the encouragement and quite the evangelist! He gives me all kinds of links and such the like so I can read about the Catholic faith. He calls me the Catholic non-Catholic. That makes me laugh. Anyway...I remember telling him a while back that I listen to EWTN...and his reply was EWTN is pimp. :) Oh Tony! He definitely keeps me on the ball in searching for whatever it is I am searching for. I just wanted to introduce you to some of the characters you may see along the way of this journey. I think he fits next on the timeline of it. He really started giving me all kinds of info when I told him I wanted to learn a bit more about Catholicism. This probably was back in November or December. I wanted to actually learn about it instead of just listening to all the brainwashed stuff I had been taught. I was reading A New Kind of Christian by Brian McClaren. (He isn't Catholic but the book made me really want to look into the Catholic Church). Sooo....Hold on to your seatbelts...because starting from the end of December to now...the ride has been pretty crazy! I'll tell you more later.

*I probably will have to go backwards in the timeline to introduce some other great people (who also will be moving away from me :( ..) but since Tony left today...I thought it was fitting.

*I really hope that things will calm down in New Orleans. It's really sad. I wonder if there is anything else going on in this country.

*Gas prices are ridiculous. I think I am going to boycott driving...My bike can get me there!

7 comments:

rose said...

so i got stuck with comment spam...ARG!

We must fight back!

... said...

Holy penile enlargement, Cathman! Rose has been spammed like a trailer park dinner! We gotta help her!

Never underestimate the power of prayer, Vestment. We will pray that the spam goes away... if I could just reach my utility bible...

um... yeah... said...

asher, that's one of the funniest comments i've ever read. well done.

um... yeah... said...

oh yeah, girl. delete those things!

really i just wanted to be the 10th comment and get this one in the double digits.

The Man said...

If you turn off anonymous comments you can get rid of spam.

Great blog. On my links list it goes.... Keep writing honestly, that's the best kind.

rose said...

thanks for the comment sean...but I like the anonymous comments...I will be able to put up with a little bit of spam for that...

rose said...

There tony...I deleted them.