Tuesday, September 06, 2005

where to start? I have so much to write about.

Wow...what a weekend. I did a lot this weekend to sort of keep myself busy. I did a pretty good job i think. It was pretty interesting at points and I thought I would share a little.

*Friday: I decided that I wanted to have a girl's night. The trouble with this is that most of my friends are not girls. Soo..my friend Jessica and I went and had some dinner and then came home and then Clint, Tim and Derrick came over. Clint and I went to the store and purchased some beverages...and then we went back and all watched UHF and ate icecream. Later on...Jessica left, so it was just me and three guys. So much for a girl's night. Then, Jay calls and he needs a ride. Turns out his car is somewhere random and he is pretty drunk. I have never seen him drunk before. It was a little weird. We picked him up...and went back to his car and I drove it back to my place. We placed him in front of my Game Cube playing Galaga and he was content. He does better than I do even when he was drunk! Ok...that was basically the extent of our crazy night. I guess it really wasn't that crazy, but hey! I really wasn't in the mood to leave the house. I passed up going to see Rick Springfield to just sit around and be lazy!

*Saturday: I woke up and I felt like I needed to do something. My mind has been running like crazy and I just wanted to get out. Sooo...I got on my bicycle. It was awesome! The day was beautiful, the Monon Trail is one of the best things ever! There were trees and water and everything and it was just a great time to get outside and just think. I think it was an amazing time of worship. I got a bit carried away though, and it turned into a 20 mile bike ride. I came home and did some homework...gasp! Then I called up my friend Lynsey because it has been forever since I had gotten to hang out with her and I really did want that girl's night. I went down to the south side and went to texas roadhouse. I had a magarita and talked with Jessie, Lynsey, and Sharna. It was a Chuck E. Cheese reunion night...ha. For those of you who don't know, I started back in september of 98 and still really havent left. I havent actually worked since last fall...but I still am an employee. Jessie has been there longer than I have, and Lynsey and Sharna aren't too far behind. After Texas Roadhouse, we went to Peppers. Not my Broadripple Peppers...but Peppers 2...the southside one. I am not a big fan of southside bars...but whatever...sometimes Greenwood people don't really want to leave Greenwood. Daniel and his friend Dawn met up with us. (Daniel is also a fellow ex-Chuck E. Cheese worker). Derrick also stopped by for a bit. We saw a couple more Chuck E. Cheese people there. I also got a margarita there. It was on special for 2.50. That should have been a red flag. It was awful! So the night ended...I went back to Lynsey's and stayed there.

Sunday: Went to mass. I went to the 10:30 one. I didn't know that the 12:00 one had a praise band. That will be the one I will go to next week. I like the more contemporary masses because I actually know the songs! The mass was still good. I really like that church because I can ride my bike there. I like to ride my bike. I went home..and took a nap...then I ran some errands and stopped by my friend Meredith's house to talk for a bit...she's pretty cool..and then I went to small group. Josh and Tyannnaanana brought us pizza from Cincy. I am sad that they are moving there. They will soon have a post coming dedicated to them. It was good times...Speaking of small group, the picture below is just an example of the fun times we have there. I think this picture is hilarious. Who knew Josh could play the trumpet and the guitar at the same time?

After small group, Brian T. (the guy in the orange) and I went to ribfest where Jay met up with us. We had a little bit of food, but we were pretty stuffed from the pizza. HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH WAS THERE! It was a free concert. I wanted them to play Little Brother..and they did. What a good time. After that, Brian T. came over and we hung out for a few...and drank some Pucker and Sprite...I know..we are crazy. That was nice. It has been a while since I had really hung out with him. I am a pretty crappy friend sometimes.


Monday: Wow...this post is huge. I decided i would go to mass if I woke up in time. I did...so I rode my bike over there. I have been going pretty much as often as I can. I was sitting there with all these thoughts running through my head. I was noticing little things that were going on and thinking bad thoughts...maybe I don't really like it at all and I have just been trying to...it was kind of weird because I never think like that. Satan was going at me. The priest gets up to do the gospel reading...and what verses were they? The verses in Matthew 6 about worrying. They have been going through my head for a few weeks now and I had been thinking wouldn't it be nice if those were the gospel reading sometime? That would probably do a lot to ease my mind. I about jumped out of my seat! I had a huge goofy grin on my face. To hear the priest read "Don't worry about tomorrow, today has enough troubles of its own" was great. Then, it was time to do the closing hymn. It was How Great Thou Art. That is one of my favorite hymns. It was awesome, and I left with such a peace surrounding me. I rode my bike home, and I just sang How Great Thou Art the whole way home. I must say that God is pretty cool. After mass..I was pretty lazy for a while...but then I decided to do some laundry. I really needed to. I did five loads and I don't think I have even made a dent. C. Brian called. I had decided he was never going to call me again and I had a few things I wanted to get off my chest, so that was good. I hope to get to hang out with him tonight. Brian T. came over a bit later so I could help with some math...that's right...I am a math genious! After he left...I just crashed and went to bed...

Wooo...what a weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, nice job! When you get a chance, please go see my chrysler extended warranty related site. And thanks!

rose said...

GRRRRR

rose said...

silly matt...Catholics don't use Bibles..remember?

rose said...

silly matt...Catholics don't use Bibles..remember?

rose said...

Sorry Tony...thanks for the correction.

um... yeah... said...

spammers are stooopid.

i was glad we got to see you. and mmmm... larosa's. awesome! how's the xavier research going?

i love that AIM and blogs exist, b/c it will be SOOO much easier to keep up with you and what's going on!

"i love technology..."