Friday, September 09, 2005

Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me...

Wow..that song truly is terrible. TERRIBLE!!!!

*I have a quote of the day for today. Brian T. was quoting one of his friends today, and it made me laugh.

"It's not that were blaming Bush for the hurricane, we're blaming him for the slow response time."

REALLY??? I hope that nobody is blaming him for the hurricane because that is a truly idiotic thing to do. As far as the slow response time...I am not sure we should be blaming him for that either...I think there are a lot of people to blame.

*I was in the science building last night and I walked by a group of students. They were talking about their retainer (or is it maintainer?) issues. I thought to myself...wow that is a horrible conversation to be having. I walked by 5 minutes later, and it was still going on. That's when you know you are in the science building

*I had something I was going to vent about on here because I was sort of stewing about it this morning...but now I am over it. All I have to say is we need to not worry so much about the differnent ways people worship and realize that we are all worshiping and there is no set formula on how to hold a high respect for God and worship him. If you want to do it in Latin...so be it...but you can't say that it is better to go to Latin mass...it is equally as good I do believe.

*I had a shot last night. It was absolutely horrible. NEVER EVER EVER drink a liquid cocaine. If you have drank that or you know anything about it...what is in it?

*Thom

*I did that because it seems that whenever I mention his name, he comments..so maybe I should do it again...

*Thom

I really wanted to show you how big of a nerd I was. Actually, I just can't contain my excitment that I finally understand something I learned 5 years ago. I never quite could grasp the definition of a limit...I could find a limit but I couldn't show you why it was true. Now, thanks to working in the Mac and thanks to my numerical methods class...I can...Soon...you will be able to also.

Prove Lim(x→2) 3x+1=7.
*By the definition of a limit, we know |f(x) - L| < ε whenever 0< |x-a| < δ.

*L = 7, f(x) = 3x+1, a = 2

So |3x + 1 - 7| < ε whenever 0< |x-2| < δ
|3x - 6| < ε whenever 0< |x-2| < δ
3|x - 2| < ε whenever 0< |x-2| < δ
|x - 2| < ε/3 whenever 0< |x-2| < δ

*Now, we can use δ= ε/3, and we want to show that this works.

*ε = 3δ

So 3|x - 2| < ε
3|x - 2| <
3|x - 2| < 3(ε/3)
3|x - 2| < ε It does!! So Lim(x→2) 3x+1=7


and the tsks! are optional :)

I know that everybody was just dying to know all that.

*Tony and Matt...I hope you appreciate this.

7 comments:

... said...

Actually, this case proves two limits Rose:

Lim (Proving Limits --> Nerd * 10^6) (Proving Limits)*(Knowing + Blogging) = Rose Olson

Proving limits approaches meganerd... I chuckle at that one.

um... yeah... said...

hot.

Anonymous said...

I have been out in the woods for a little over a week. I am in a coffee shop in Portland Oregon right now, starting back tomorrow (another week that way.)

This stop is about twice as long as I expected because of all the stuff to read on this blog! Crazy stuff going on, glad to read all about it. I will contain my comment to this very last post.

I think if some liberals want to blame the conservitives for the hurricane it is fine, remember it was the conservitives who declared the hurricane was caused by Gods fury due to the acceptance of homosexual activity in New Orleans.

To this point I will declare it must be Gods fury that has punished us with stupid leaders across the board.

Cheers to all, catch you all when I am back in eastern time!

-thom

Anonymous said...

Matt...you are a funny kid..

Tony...I can tutor you...just come see me in the MAC

Rose

rose said...

oh and thom! it worked! can't wait to see you on this side of the time zone :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, you had me until you started getting into math...then my brain turned to goo and drained out my ears. :-)

rose said...

that's sort of weird...