Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Happy Birthday to Google...

I guess today is Google's 7th birthday. Be sure to send them a card. I like google. Why? I like their search engine...I like blogger...I like gmail...they are just sweet.

Eric. If you are reading this...comment and let me know that you have your phone...or you don't have your phone and you need my number...or just call me tonight...whatever. I heard about someone taking your phone from Chemistry guy.

Chemistry guy (Nathan)...now that's random. We leave Pepper's...chemistry guy is not too far behind I guess. Eric sees them and asks N's friend if he could use his phone. N's friend says no but N lets Eric use his phone. N then realizes that Eric was my friend...Eric said oh! your the chemistry guy or something to that effect and said he would put a good word in for me. Is he deserving of a good word, Eric? :)

Soo...N called me last night. He asked me out on a date. That doesn't happen often. Of course, there really hasn't been an oppurtunity for that in a loong time. I ended up talking to him forever. It was sort of cool. I guess I will talk more on him later if he's worth it. Asher, I think that you would approve of his music taste...You guys will have to talk sometime. (again...only if he is worth it)

I went camping this weekend. It was the first time in my life that I ever went camping. I had fun. The only issue was when I woke up in the middle of the night I had to use the bathroom, and I didn't want to go through all the trouble to get out of the tent...so I had to wait for morning. Matt State made some awesome chicken.

I spent the weekend refreshing my memory on why most Christian music is horrible. It has been a long time since I have actually listened to it, and none of it has changed. My mind went numb...I promise. Sorry Matt for putting you through that.

Well...I guess that is all for now... I don't really have much time to do anything.

4 comments:

um... yeah... said...

your life is really random.

how the heck are ya?

Anonymous said...

TYYYYYYYYYYYYYANNNNNNNNA! my life is random??? wha??? I'm good...I want to come visit you guys...when are you guys free??? I can't help you move this weekend :( helping with a homelessness lockin...

rose

Anonymous said...

Now let’s not bash all Christian music. Allow me to introduce a few examples of quality Christian artistes which can compete with the best of any secular artistes.

Examples:
Aaron Sprinkle
http://www.myspace.com/fair
Be sure to look at all of Aaron's records before coming to a conclusion. Also, Aaron and his brother were crucial members to the phenomenal band Poor Old Lu.

Stavesacre
http://www.myspace.com/stavesacre
Can't say I've heard anything from these guys since their third album, Speakeasy. I can say, with great confidence, they will be in my regular rotation until the day I lose my hearing.

Pedro the Lion
http://www.myspace.com/pedrothelion
Also known as, the one the only the magnificent, David Bazan, Pedro the Lion is one of the few Christian lyricist that will make your Mother cry. But don't let his sometime harsh lyrics fool you. He is 100% committed to the pursuit of the capital-T-Truth.

Rich Mullins
http://www.richmullins.com/
Crossing barriers between Protestants and Catholics during his sojourn on earth, Rich Mullins still gives me goose bumps with his scripture driven lyrics. One of the few, dare I say the only, purely contemporary Christian artist I will continually hold dear to my heart.

Minor subnote, how cool is MySpace and MySpace Music

rose said...

I must agree that Rich Mullins is amazing. I guess I should clarify what I said. I spent the weekend listening to KLOVE. You dont get an Staveacre or Pedro the Lion. Very rarely do you get any Rich Mullins. I think Jars of Clay is awesome...so is switchfoot...they don't get played that often...Instead they are still freaking playing Crystal Lewis "God's been good to me" and Twila Paris "We Bow Down.." Now come on...it's time to move on.

Myspace and Myspace music is cool...I just hate all the bands that randomly try to be your "friends"