Monday, September 19, 2005

Sunday morning rain is falling

Ok, I know it's monday...but the rain is still falling. What a monday it is. I have to go down to IUPUI here in a few to tutor some chemistry. That should be interesting. I haven't looked at anything chemistry in about 2.5 years.

Check this out:

I think that this poster is great. This poster had gained worldwide attention. Even my dad likes it. He hung one up on the wall. Now that's great. It makes me laugh a little. That's Fr. Meyer in the picture. He is a priest at Our Lady of Greenwood. My friend Melissa actually designed it. Go her! I wonder if people are looking at it and thinking "sweet...I think I want to be a priest." It sort of is supposed to be showing the priesthood in a new light...you know...matrix...Neo..new. k...that's all I have to say about that I guess. I just thought you guys all would enjoy seeing the poster.

*I went to a cookout at the archbishop's house on saturday. I got to see Fr. Meyer (the matrix priest) play some tetherball. I even got to partake in a game of it myself. It's been a while since I have played that. Actually I may not have ever played a real game. I may have been like Napoleon and played by myself. I was pretty much a loser. :). Anyway...I beat Eric, and that's all that matters.

*I got to meet some german guys. That was fun. They have good accents. I felt pretty much like a stud (I don't really know if that's the right word to use) though. Jessica had said something about going to the Latino festival. It happened that the German guys were going to go too. The said something about me giving them a call when I got there...I said yeah that's cool, and all three of them had their phones out waiting for my number. It made me laugh. Anyway, I got the number of one of them, and that was the one that mattered. Sigh...he was cute. Ha. I salsa danced for a second at the festival. Bernie made me. That kid is crazy.

*Oh! at the picnic...2 priests were I think ready to confirm me right then and there. It really took me back to Baptist camp days. I was talking to Fr. Meyer and Fr. McCarthy about my R.C.I.A. class. We were talking about the possibility (if I so chose to even become Catholic) of being confirmed before next Easter. That would be super sweet. Fr. McCarthy said something about being at the Archbishops house and then something about having the oil in his trunk. Fr. Meyer got this look of excitement on his face and said "Really?" Fr McCarthy looked at me and said "Our you ready to except the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour?" That took me straight back to a flashback. Anyway...I wasn't confirmed...my dad would have freaked...some friends would have freaked...and I think it would have been a bit much for the picnic, don't you think? Ha...plus...I think they were joking...

k...i have to tutor now...bye!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this great visual of Fr. Meyer in Neo garb playing tetherball in bullet time.

Whoa!

-thom

... said...

Converting before a picnic? That's nothin; I had a friend who went to Vegas an Atheist and came back Catholic and Jewish.

Think about that one for a second...

Anonymous said...

Wow....too bad prostetantism doesn't have a cool poster like that....lol

Anonymous said...

lol... what's the difference between Michael Jackson and a priest?

Anonymous said...

Priest are suppossed to be like Christ... Too bad the "Church" Catholic or Protestant does not hold it's congregations in check as the early Christian Church does.

rose said...

wow this post is generating all kinds of hate...

tony...i laughed too