Monday, January 23, 2006

i know i know

I know I said I would give a full update today...but I don't have time. School was a bit crazy since I was gone last week. Plus, I am taking the GRE tomorrow, so I have been getting ready for it. Wish me luck! Arizona was good. The grand canyon was awesome. Have you ever been there? I can imagine being the first person to discover it...if it would have been me, I probably would have missed it and walked right over the edge. Ok...I will give more bits and pieces after I finish the GRE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go kick ass on that test!

Here is my best grand canyon story: August 1st I am slated to do an airborne drop into death valley at dawn. We chute up in North Carolina the night before and climb into some C-141's and head west.

Just as dawn is cresting we are flying just over the top of the grand canyon. The loadmaster opened the side doors and let a few of us hang our heads out of the bird to get a good look at the view.

There is nothing cooler than flying just off the deck getting blasted with wind and watching the sunrise over the red rocks of the grand canyon. Probably one of the most amazing sunrises I have ever seen.

-thom