Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I love odd jobs

I just found out that I am going to be a grader for a class this summer. Finite Math. It will be the first time I will be a grader, so it's going to be a bit crazy. I'm glad. I like doing math. It's nice to do math AND get paid for it too. I guess that's what I went to school for huh?

So anyway, it just adds to my list of jobs. I mean, what do I have going on right now?

Well, of course there is Reese.
Then, I tutor...
Then, every once in a while, there is Oookles,
Then, I am now going to be grading...
AND, At the end of the summer, I will be a mentor for the Summer Bridge Program at IUPUI. I will teach a little refresher course to incoming freshman. So they will be "prepared" for the math that will hit them.

I like it. I like variety. Funny how I do all these jobs, but yet I still have no money. :). I still need a bike.

I also need to go running today. It just looks really muggy. I'm afraid it's going to rain, and I don't feel like running in the rain. Sometimes it's fun, but today, I already know the run will hurt. When I ran on Tuesday, it was miserable. My body is still recovering from all the hard work I did last Saturday.

I said in one of my comments that I am thinking about training for a marathon, I mean, I'm already halfway there. :). I just can't imagine running that long. After a mini-marathon, my body shuts down. How will a full marathon feel? AND why in the world do people do these things? I mean, your bones hurt, your muscles hurt...it's just no good. There's some sort of satisfaction that comes with it. Do I want to be the crazy girl who runs a marathon? I have never ran over 13.1 miles. I can't imagine just doing a training run that long.

Ok, enough about running. The same thing happened to me last year. After the mini-marathon, I suddenly got super motivated to start running like crazy. I wanted to be fast. I got to a point where I could do 1 mile (absolutely no more than that) at 6:15. That was pretty sweet. Then, I did a race, I went out too fast, it was terrible, and after that I stopped running for a little while. My motivation went out the window. So, don't worry, this will pass. I'll shut up soon.

In the meantime, for my next post, I shall answer any and all your questions about any and everything. It can be about math, it can be about tennis (though I don't know much about it). If I have no clue what to say, I'll do some research :).

So yeah...is your day going ok?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose your random posts make me laugh.....I can not imagine running 26 miles. There is just absolutely no way. I wish you lived closer to me so I could run with you. I want to be fast. I am slow. It sucks. I used to be fast when I ran track in High School. I don't even think I could ever run the Mini.....

rose said...

Oh Jessie...you so totally could run a mini. Next year, you are doing it. It's not as hard as it sounds at all. Sign up for next year. It will be fun.

rose said...

I would join you...but Matt Rasure is going to be in Indy...