Tuesday, May 02, 2006

school's out for the summer...

Yesterday was the last day of class. I had mixed feelings about this. I mean, yeah, it's summertime, but it marked the end of me being able to take easy math classes. Next's semester is going to be much much harder. I can feel it. I will be taking Real Analysis, Intro to Complex Analysis and Abstract Algebra. Are you saying huh? because I am. I mean, I am going to have to study this summer. Anyway, I still have one final to take. That will be on Friday. I'm not worried about it. I have to get a 30% to keep my grade. I hope I can do it.

This Saturday, the One America 500 Festival Mini-Marathon will take place. I am pretty excited. I feel ready for it. I could be more ready. How you say? Well, maybe if I actually trained like I should. It's been a little hectic. I have been in charge of coordinating all of the Reese people that will be doing the mini. There will be 25 people running the mini-marathon, and 4 more people running in the 5k. That's a lot of people from Reese to be participating. All year long, I have been signing people up for all of the training runs. There was a small group that has been preparing for it quite nicely. I am anxious to see how everybody does. On Friday night, Reese is hosting a spaghetti dinner for all of the employees who are participating and their families. I have been organizing that. Fazoli's. Mmmm... Anyway, all should go well, and hopefully no Reese people get picked up in the busses for going to slow.

Anyway, I am sure that mattered not to everybody reading it.

I ran a 5k this past weekend. It was a personal best for me. I even placed in my age group. I got third place. :) I won a $5 gift certificate to a running store. What ever will I do with it???

So, just because it's been a while...

You Are 52% Addicted to Myspace

Your Myspace addiction factor is: Moderate

You're slowly building a very strong addiction to Myspace. Get out while you still can!
Are You Addicted to Myspace?

What I want to know is...how in the world am I only 52% addicted?

Dang Myspace. You know what is so stupid? It drives me nuts when people comment about this blog on myspace. This blog is my baby. I like it to get lots of comments. I don't care so much about my Myspace. I don't understand why people read this and then comment on myspace. It seems like more work to me. Everybody can comment on this. You don't need an account. I'm not just calling one person out. It seems like a lot of people have done it. I know it's stupid. It shouldn't bug me. Actually, I'm shaking my head at myself because it does bug me. Oh well...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the 5k!

You might find this funny. So I decide to take a run last night at the last minute, I take off and run a loop I figure to be about 6 miles. (haven't streched, drank any water, no carb loading, don't want to push it.)

- I can't believe how slow I am going, I figure I am about 2 miles out and I check my watch; it has taken me nearly 20 minutes to get there! Oh crap!

- At this point I feel far less than human and really kick it into gear, I get to around the 4 mile mark and it has been 40 minutes! Wow I suck.

- I run the rest of the way in and finish in 62 minutes... sad, very sad.

So here is the punchline, I fire up some route mapping software from HAARA http://www.harra.org/RouteCreator.asp and plot my course. 8.5 miles, ok now that makes more sense.

Way off the subject but I thought you might laugh. Best of luck on the mini!

-thom

rose said...

cool...I was in need of something to create routes...other than my car's odometer...

8.5 in 62? Not bad...not bad at all. Sure beats a 10ish pace.

Anonymous said...

Hey, new changes look good, very clean and easy on the eyes (not that it was bad before)

-thom

Anonymous said...

Like the new look ... very nice ... though I'd say luck has nothing to do with it. :)

Found out today I also won some headphones while I was in Pittsburgh, they're going to ship them to me and everything - that's lucky I guess.

Have fun running in the sun tomorrow ... good luck!!! :)

Matt Black said...

YEAH. Down with Myspace... um... er something equally as bad!

Anonymous said...

Just cause you asked nicely I'll comment on here. I'm sure I've been guilty of that before. Good luck in the Mini. I wish I could do that, but there is no way I could run that far. I'm jealous. Seen Lynsey lately? Cause I haven't.

Anonymous said...

I'm taking intro to complex as well. we should hang-out this week so we can exchange dvds, dude.