Monday, May 08, 2006

Ocho De Mayo

It doesn't have as nice of a ring to it does it?

So the mini and everything that went along with it is over. It was good times. I beat the goal I had set for myself. That made me happy. It makes me wonder what I actually could do. I mean, I trained, but I didn't train hard. Actually, I'm not sure if you could call it training at all. I would go a week or so with out running. For this reason, I had a good pace for about 9 miles, then I crashed. My time could have been better. It doesn't matter though, because I beat my goal. That's all that matters. Plus, I ran fast enough that next year, I can be seeded. That means I won't have to wade through slow people the first mile. It was a bit ridiculous on Saturday. Ok.

Right...

Speaking of bananas (in my last post), does anybody remember me mentioning banana guards a while back? I have gmail, and if you write about something in a post, it will give you google ads that relate to your subject. In this particular e-mail, Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl had been mentioned. You know, B-A-N-A-N-A-S. There was a google ad for a banana guard.

Go here to check it out. Banana guards keep your bananas safe. They keep them from getting smashed. Weird. I think it is interesting that anybody would think of something like that. Sooo...I sort of would like to have one, just to say I have a banana guard. K. Random.

I am so tired...


7 comments:

um... yeah... said...

wow - that sounds like a complete waste of funds.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so those are "banana guards" these days. I just can't keep up with the lingo...

-thom

rose said...

haha thom.

Hey...did you know Jonathan did the mini? He trained for it. He lost about 50 lbs.

Anonymous said...

Thats GREAT!!! I had no idea.

Saturday I have the Riverbank Run 25k, it touts itself as being the biggest 25k in the country (11,000 last year) If I finish the whole 15.5 miles it will be the longest run of my life.

I am a little nervous and a lot excited. It should be really cool! Michelob is the main sponsor so the party after should be a riot.

-thom

Anonymous said...

Banana guards? Really... Too bad they don't keep bananas from turning brown, that would be awesome. I wonder if they keep your entire lunch from smelling/tasting like bananas when it's been sitting in your lunch box? I might have to invest.
-Sarah

rose said...

hmmm...it may work sarah. Try it out. Let me know.

Good luck with the 25k Thom. I am thinking about doing a marathon, but I don't know. It seems so unnatural.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.

I am thinking about it too, GR has one on Halloween day, I might be able to make it by then... maybe?

-thom