Monday, July 03, 2006

what a weekend.

So, on Friday, I'm driving into work, and I get a call from Brian Math...(I really need a better name for him...). He asks...are you working tomorrow? Yes...yes I am. "Oh well, I was thinking about heading down to the Red to go climbing...seeing if you wanted to go." Dang it...dang it...I want to go. I have to work. Let me see what I can do. Call the Chuck...they don't need me...so it's all good...call back Brian Math...yeah...I can go..."ok...Be at my house by 1." (it's 10 at this point). He really likes his rocks.

Sooo...I head down to Kentucky to the Red River Gorge. I called Tyana when we went through Cincy...told her I was going through. Sad thing was...she was heading to Indy. :( Missed seeing her. Dang it.

Once down in Kentucky, I ate dinner at this place called Miguel's pizza. This place is very unusual. All these climbers just set up tents behind this place and stay there. The pizza was great. It was a crazy atmosphere...Good times...good food...good people...

Wake up Saturday morning...and go have breakfast...then make our way to go climbing. I got to try it out. It was my first time. I had a blast. I am pretty sure I either have a bruise or a scrape on every inch of my body. I don't think my technique was quite up to par. It was so fun though. I like the battle wounds. I want to go back! I want to go to the climbing gym and get better and stronger. I met one of Brian's friends down there...I may be able to climb a little with her...that would be cool...I'm all excited now and want to get climbing shoes and such. That's probably how Brian planned it...turn everybody in the world into a climber...one person at a time.

Saturday night...we went and saw some fireworks. It was great...best part about it...and it's now so funny now that I am retelling the story...but before the fireworks show starts you here this guy yell "Kathy! start the music!." I seriously lost it. I don't know...maybe it wasn't that funny. The music starts...and it's AC/DC TNT. How appropriate...good times good times...

Right so...I am going to go watch the Beech Grove fireworks tonight...that should be exciting...of course...it won't be as exciting as the one in Kentucky, but what can you do?

Tomorrow, I'm doing a 4 mile race...wish me luck :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck on ur run tomorrow rose and have fun watching the fireworks.
we didnt get to see fire works today but we had a bbq. we r so cheap that we used the d-fac food instead of getting real meat. but thats ok its the thought that counts.
well got to go.
becca