Monday, November 27, 2006

it has been a hot minute...

so what's been going on?

I've had a busy week...

hope everybody had a spectacular thanksgiving.

I spent thanksgiving up in Wisconsin with my aunt and uncle, my dad, and some friends of my aunt and uncle. It was a unique thanksgiving with lots of great food. I met some cool people, and I'm always up for that. The turkey was a fresh turkey...not a frozen turkey, and it was spectacular. MMmmm....and the sweet potatoes...oh...so good. Good stuff, and plenty of wine.

I ran a race Thanksgiving morning...The Berbee Derby. It was hard and hilly. Dang hills. The weather was awesome, though. I ran in shorts and a t-shirt. It was spectacular!

So Friday, my dad and I left Wisconsin and headed back to Indiana, where he dropped me off to meet up with Justin and Roman. From this point, we all headed down to Kentucky...to Red River Gorge it up.

It was an interesting weekend to say the least.

I'm not really going to go on about the climbing, because most of you would have eyes that would begin to glaze over. I was excited to eat at Miguel's once more before it closed. MMM. Plus, Saturday night, there was a dance party. That was odd...to say the least. Interesting...but odd. Good times.

Roman, Fromke, Andy and Nate all headed to the beer trailer while I was waiting for our food. They were picking me up some beer. They get back, and Fromke hands me my beer...it's a freaking 7 oz. bottle of beer. They then told me they got a pack of 8 of the little beers. I was sort of T.O.'d...in a funny way...turns out though, that they had gotten me a regular 6-pack of Miller Light, and I could "graduate" to the bigger bottle once I finished the small bottle. Everybody got to take a crack at me. Some people sitting next to us, that I didn't even know even made a crack at me. It was kind of funny...it even had it's own little tin foil covering it. Fromke wanted me to go act super drunk around the fire holding my 7 oz. beer bottle, and then if anybody asked, I should tell them that was all I had to drink. Nice. People called it a "bitch beer." I don't wanna be a bitch. :)

The weather was awesome ALL weekend. I loved it.

So yeah, there you have it. On to Georgia next weekend. I love this lifestyle.

I laughed a lot...and that's good for everybody.

So, I stole this from Asher...



Just as he said...WTF? What in the world is going on in this picture? Check out the guy in the background...all in all an odd picture...

Weird. Does anybody have a good idea for a story that could accompany this? How about a good caption?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rose theres nothing wrong witha 7 oz beer bottle that just means u have to drink more. by the way nick and i have the worlds best beer in our room now. its awsome. we went to brussles, belgium and went on a hunt for the worlds best beer in the world with some friends. this was the second time we went on this hunt and we found it. well i have to go for now. hope to talk to u soon. ill send u pix of our trip.
becca