Sunday, January 29, 2012

21 miles...

Today, I set out to do my long run. As part of my training plan, i do one pretty long run a week, as long as several other shorter run days a week

It was a little different because I have never ever ran as far as I was suppose to run today ever. I was setting out to run 21 miles. I started out with some great people! I sure am part of a wonderful running group!

We were doing three seven mile loops.I made it through without much of a struggle. I feel amazing! It kind of baffles my mind that I ran 21 miles today. That's a considerable drive if you were to make it. I did it on foot. It took me 3 hours and 27 minutes.

Just think... only 5.2 miles and I will have that marathon over with!It's a proud moment for me.

In a couple weeks, I will do 22 miles. That's going to be another milestone. Then, three weeks after that I will reach another milestone....running my very first marathon!

I promise it won't be my last one. It probably won't be the only one I do this year.

Something about these long runs...they are lovely!

Give me a couple years. I WILL qualify for Boston. I promise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blogs and so proud of you, running buddy! I have no doubt that you will be in Boston someday!!!

Unknown said...

You are my inspiration! Great job is an understatement.... dg

Jason Skerbitz said...

Sounds like ur doin' awesome on ur training chica! I must say, it's pretty cool knowing a marathon runner.... lol. Ur gonna kill the LR marathon. I'll be rootin' for ya to hit ur 4 hour goal! ;-)

Thom said...

Sounds like you are at the perfect point in your training cycle for it, go for it!