Monday, January 23, 2012

ridiculous running clothes...

I am normally not a very flashy dresser. In fact, the color I wear most is gray. Boring right? I don't know, I like the gray I wear!

It turns out that when I pick out outfits for races or various other running activites, I get a little crazier. I like standing out I guess. Also, I have fun with it, and it helps me remember races better.

Here is some of my team and I at the Hillbilly Porkchop Roundup. (We got first place by the way). We were the Dirty Hog Divas and that was the first time I ever wore any Razorback gear. The tights were a last minute find at Walmart. Next, here we are at the Warrior Dash! So fun I tell you! So fun! It didn't matter that my time didn't get recorded, or that my medal broke, or that a woman stole my beer! I tell you what! It was fun! Also, I think I will wear a tutu again in a race, it was fun to hear people talk about being passed by a girl in a tutu. I sadly lost my tutu in one of the obstacles and finished the race without it. :(
Next up, Here's my outfit for the Fayetteville Half Marathon (hilly as #%$#). I'm not normally a person that wears pink. (You can't really tell that from the pics.). I am wearing my friend's clothes. She wanted to say that her clothes ran a half marathon, and I did that for her! I must say, the Every Damn Day shirt was pretty great!


And hey now! doesn't the lime green stand out??
Now, this next one is from a race that was only yesterday! It was called the one hour track run. You run around a track for an hour and do as many miles as you can...I was just shy of 7 so that's not too shabby! Zebra pants! See? Running just looks like more fun. (I'm probably lapping those kids too...haha)



You aren't even seeing it all! I love to wear mismatched socks, and you haven't even seen my tie dye spandex shorts. I hope to run in a tutu again because they are just so awesome and am going to get a running skirt too. The more unique I look the more fun I have! Plus, it puts some fun into my otherwise boring wardrobe!


Now, to say goodbye! Life is busy! Training for a marathon is just bananas. Also, if you don't comment, I might go bananas. I love bananas, and I love comments. :) Shameless plug.


4 comments:

Martha C said...

Girl.... You are a " hoot " as we say in the South... Which is a polite way of saying you are nuts. Everyone is crazy in the South, so being a "hoot" is a step up!!! You might also be referred to as a "crazy as a sprayed cockroach".... stop and vizualize that one.... A personal favorite of mine. Personally I think you are one of a kind.....and you can borrow my zebra top to match your pants anytime so you can be totally zebra girl. Enjoying running with you friend and getting to know you.... Rose.... Such a nice Southern name:) MC

Jessie said...

All I can think of when I see those zebra pants it that LMFAO song 'animal print pants outta control'! lol

rose said...

i'm sexy and I know it. :) I work out! haha.

Victoria said...

I love it! People tell me all the time they love our wild and crazy outfits & love our 'signature' mismatched 'matching' socks! Thats how we r recognize sometimes!
It's just so much more fun & hey why not?!?!
That's funny those pants ARE like LMFAO!!!!

Hahahaha!

Oh yeah! We're sexy and we know it!!!