Tuesday, January 17, 2012

things have changed...

So here it goes. Once again. I haven't been on this thing since 2010.

I must say, things have changed.

For one thing... I am married!



So let's start with that.

Here we are!




Shall I share some highlights??? Ok, you twisted my arm!




My dress was AWESOME! See the beautiful backdrop? It was a rainy cold day, but it made for a perfect setting. We decided to get married in the Red River Gorge in Kentucy. It is where we met, and it was special to both of us.




They quality doesn't look all that great squeezed so small, but there is Andy with my bridesmaids. The color of the dresses you ask? It's clover! Where did I get the flowers? I ordered them online and had them shipped to me! (http://www.bridesign.com/) They were GORGEOUS!!!!



Enough of that though!! Let's get to the fun stuff!!! I loved our wedding reception! Here's our cake. We decided to go with a cupcake cake. LOVED IT. It turned out so awesome. The flavors were unique and it was yummy. It was a lot cheaper than getting a wedding cake too! (Thanks babycakes cupcakes/) See that cake topper?? Oh! Let me show you a closeup!





Yep! We made that! It was teamwork too! Andy did the structure work. He also made that tiny tux. (He doesn't understand why I am so proud of him for making that, but look at it, it's awesome.). I did the painting and little details. i think it turned out awesome.




So you are wondering...what about the food?? What about the drinks? Did you have snacks?? Why yes and yes and yes!




We did our best to have a wedding on a budget. We did a good job. Our food? It was pizza. Not just any pizza, but Miguel's Pizza! This where we met. It's a pizza place in Slade, KY that climbers also use to camp at. It is majestic. It's not just any pizza, they have so many topping combinations. My favorite is chicken, bbq sauce, ranch, pasta, onions, and green peppers. PASTA??? yep. You can even get rice, sweet potatos, corn, etc. I love this place!






The drinks? Andy brews his own beer. We were able to provide our own alcohol, so we provided homebrew! This was awesome touch and people loved his beer. We even made our own beer taps! They matched the caketopper. The groom signifies Andy's beer (a porter) and the bride signifies my beer (a pale ale). The middle tap was just a happy beer for everyone.
Pizza not enough for you? Well we had snacks! This turned out to be a hit and I LOVED the way the table turned out. Cheap too.

It was such a lovely room. The decor was simplistic and I loved it.



I guess my photographer didn't get a good picture of our centerpieces and I am too lazy to get on facebook and grab up someone else's picture of one. I loved our centerpieces and they were cheap! They were mason jars with candles inside. Strung around the outside was a litte wooden heart with A+R carved in them. They were cute!




What about the guestbook? Well, I was sort of against all things traditional and I just didn't want a normal guest book. So, I didn't have one. Here's what we did:

"Ok Rose, we are getting bored." That is what you are saying, right? Well, I'll stop soon. I know you are wondering about the music though! That was our biggest splurge. We had a band called Bonepony play. (Google them...they are awesome).
Andy and I just didn't really want to have a DJ or dance to the chicken dance. We wanted to have a good stompin good time and a big party. That's what we did. We invited rock climbers to come for the band and it was awesome to see a lot of faces that I don't get to see often. Our families loved the band and it was because of the band that we were able to get a picture that I will cherish forever!


If you made it to the end, I just wanted to tell you that this a new chapter in my life. A lot has changed and I want to share more. I promise that my next update will be soon. If you want more details or if you want to see more pictures all you have to do is ask!

3 comments:

Carrie Dilley said...

Sounds like an awesome wedding! Love that you're blogging!!

Andrea said...

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU BLOGGED!!

Can you guess what I'm going to be stalking? :o)

P.S. I LOVED your wedding.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose! Looks like an awesome wedding! Congrats!

I didn't know Andy made home brew. I should have a few cases of sweet mead done by June, if you guys want to try a bottle let me know and I'll ship one.
Thom