Wednesday, January 18, 2012

back into it...

I used to run quite a bit. I also used to be pretty fast. It's funny, back in the day, when I was pretty fast, I didn't think I was all that fast! Now I only could dream of being that fast again. (and I'm not that slow now)

I gave up running for quite a while. By quite a while, I mean nearly 5 years! It is not that I never ran, but I didn't do any races and the max distance I would do would be 3 miles.

I started to see changes in me. I'm getting older. The metabolism just isn't what it used to be. Climbing just didn't cut it. I decided it was time to jump back in. I am must comfortable when I have am very fit. I just needed to do something about it.


I started sort of running again last April, and then really started picking it up in July. In August, I ran 6 miles for the first time in 5 years. Then in September I ran 8 miles. In October, I ran my first half marathon in 5 years. In November, I started training for a marathon. That's right! I said MARATHON! My distances kept getting longer and longer, and now I have ran 20 miles twice. I fear that I may become a marathoner. Those long runs are amazing! Boston is my dream!


Here's a picture of me that landed in the paper. It's Christmas Eve, and I'm at mile 14 of a 20 mile run...



I also joined an awesome running club! I have met some amazing people and it has really helped me get back into this. Plus, I have got to have tons of fun! When running is fun, it's a lot more bearable.


Here's my great friend and I preparing for the Warrior Dash! I placed 27th out of 900 in my age group and she placed pretty high in her age group too! (I forget)





So yeah, running! It's great! I like to eat. Running keeps me eating. :)


I could take all the support I could get for this marathon...so keep reading. Please! I will try to get interesting.

3 comments:

Jesse G said...

LOVE this. And cutest tutus ever!!

Thom said...

Sweet! I plan to do a Warrior Dash in 2012! Maybe Flint Michigan if they do that one again, or Columbus Ohio.

It's pretty cool to think this blog has been here since before facebook, and even before myspace! If I got the RSS setup right I should get an alert when I hit Publish :)

rose said...

thanks jessie :)

Thom, it's neat to think that you have basically been reading this blog since very close to the beginning too! Haha!