Friday, January 27, 2012

Ladies Room Fashion Show

This post is inspired by something that a friend from high school does. (Her blog is here ). She calls it Ladies Room Fashion Show, and she takes a picture of her outfits for the week.

I thought this would be great to try. I am very much so a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. I'm trying to dress more fashionably. I mean, we own a clothing store, I need to do better at this! I thought by starting to do this post every Friday like she does, it would inspire me to do better at picking out my outfits.

Turns out that I kept forgetting to do this...so I only got 3 photos this week...but here they are! I will tell you where I got everything...and what brands if I remember. This should be fun. I want feedback! I want to know what you think about the outfits. Are they flattering? What could I do differently? Is it just plain terrible? Is it so-so? Tell me!

So first...

I went to a birthday celebration for a friend, is I wanted to dress up a little. This is what I came up with, although I'm not sure I love the cowboy boots.
Dress-American Eagle from Plato's Closet
Purse-American Eagle from Plato's Closet
Boots-Nocona boots (dang expensive but I found them at an antique store for $50! Looked them up, they would be 300 or 400 dollars!)
necklace-Vicki's (her room too)

Next,
Here's a work outfit, the picture was taken in our store. I like this! You can't really see the detail on the shirt underneath the cardigan but it's really cute...it has a dream catcher on it. :)
cardigan-Plato's Closet not sure the brand
cream shirt-Forever 21 from Plato's Closet
tank underneath-Plato's Closet not sure the brand
scarf-Plato's Closet
jeggings- abecrombie from Plato's Closet (love these!)
boots- Mossimo from Target from 3 years ago

Lastly, sometimes I have to run...I've told you about running clothes before, but here's my pre race ladies room picture.


zebra pants-under armour from academy
shoes-mizuno from Fleet Feet
undershirt-Nike from Vicki
WAR shirt-my running club
ear warmer-under armour from ages ago

So there, that's my first try. tell me if I should do it again.

1 comment:

Jason Skerbitz said...

Sounds like a great idea! Everything looked great, except I think I agree with u about the cowboy boots in the first pic... woulda tried somethin' diff there probly. ;-)