Friday, March 02, 2012

Ladies Room Fashion Show

This week's Ladies Room Fashion Show was going as planned. Until Wednesday. It was then that I knew it had to change.

Let me give you a little back story.  A little while ago, a pair of red jeans came into the store. We don't normally buy color denim because it just doesn't sell well for us. We bought these. I knew there was something special about them. My staff loved loved loved them, but they weren't the right size for any of the staff that had seen them. They were my size. I tried them on. They fit. I wasn't sure if I could pull of red jeans though.

Fast forward a little more. I figured out that the jeans might look cute with a striped shirt. I saw it in some magazine. I was right about those red jeans being special. Color jeans are back for Spring and many celebrities have been seen wearing them.


I hadn't been to the mall yet to scout out Spring fashion, but I made my way over there, and sure enough, every store had a wide selection of color denim in colors such as red, coral, teal, cobalt, purple and pastels.  I'm still skeptical though, because it is a trend that really comes and goes. However, when american eagle embraces it, it's probably going to have some sticking power. They don't really do the fly by night trends.

So, I come into work on Wednesday, still not sure if I can pull of red jeans. I'm braving it though. Having that much red going on is so not normal for me. Later in the day, one of my employees come in and she has on some bright blue color jeans. This gets me thinking, wow! we need to do a photo shoot! Then, right after that another employee walks in, and you will never guess!  I'll show you in a second though. This is when I knew that Ladies Room Fashion Show was going to be different. 

So here it goes...

On Me:
Shoes: Converse One Star from Plato's Closet
Jeans: Delia's from Plato's Closet
Shirt: Forever 21 from Plato's Closet
On Her: All I know is her jeans are from Old Navy

So there it is, in all its glory...color jeans! I think it's going to be fun to wear these while this trend lasts and I think I have decided that I can pull off the look. I was proud of us for both being right there on the edge of a new trend...or at least one that comes and goes.

And now wait for it...here's what I really love!



We didn't plan this folks. This just happened. It was her day off and she just was coming to pick up her check. I loved how our outfits coordinated so well. It is almost like we should have gone and had our pictures taken. It's very nautical feeling, and I think it is a look that works well. S (my employee) does not usually wear red, nor do I. I am proud of us for being brave and stepping out of our comfort zone.
She's goofy.

Don't be said though. I know I only gave you one outfit, but I wore some very new and unique things for me this week. I plan to do it again next week. I'm loving trying all these new outfit ideas. Some of them are for sure going to fail. I don't care though. The beauty of my job is that I can do this. I can try all sorts of new trends and ideas. What's the worst that can happen? I'll look like a silly butt? I did do a much better job with my hair and make up this week. For this I am proud of.

And GUESS WHAT????


I freaking love my new hat!!! I guarantee you will be seeing this beauty pop back up.

2 comments:

Carrie Dilley said...

LOVING the red jeans! You look fantastic!

Andrea said...

Rose, you always look fantastic!