Monday, October 10, 2005

breakfast club


Wow. What an amazing experience. This weekend, I went up to Purdue so I could check out this thing called Breakfast Club that takes place before all home games. The bars open up at 7:00 in the morning...and people dress up in costumes and go drink. I decided I would like to see this in action. I went up to visit Asher this weekend. We went out on Friday night...then went home and slept for a couple hours so we could get back up again and go out. It was the first time I have ever drank alcohol before noon. Wow...Some people had amazing costumes...like these guys and him and batman. There are definitely more to be seen...so just check out the link to the picture album below. Anyway...it was a great time. They covered up the windows so it felt like it was dark outside...so when you walked outside...it was bit bright. You had all the 80's music you could ask for...and you got special collector's cups. It was a bit weird to see people so drunk before noon...but all in all...it was amazing...k...check out some pictures.

Here they are

Now...check out this video of Asher dancing singing before we even went out to the bars...

here it is

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Star Wars Pet Costumes
Jazz your pet up this pooch with a Star Wars makeover. Probably very irritating for the dog and guaranteed to get the RSPCA knocking on your door, these Star Wars costumes are nevertheless a hoot.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a "make extra money" site. It pretty much covers "make extra money" related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

These ads are too funny, they remind me of early 419 scams. As long as I brought it up, check out www.419eater.com and I promise that 2 cents from each hit will generate a donation by the billandmelindagatesfoundation.org to save cute little orphan puppies of the tsunami... ok not really.

Being just a little more serious, what an awesome party! Do you need to be a basketball fan to go? What is a Purdue? Where is it? I don't need an excuse to celebrate life before noon, but it looks like a fine place to do it in the company of other freaks (really I just want a chance to put on my Obi WAN costume and go after that vader guy!) Thanks for posting those cool pics!

-thom

rose said...

Tony...no problem...I can definitely act crazy with no alcohol...I'm completely sober in those pictures :).

Ok Thom...here's answers to your questions..

Do you need to be a basketball fan to go? No...because Breakfast Club occurs before all home football games...I don't think you have to be a football fan or even a Purdue fan to go though...although they do break out into the Purdue fight song several times...

What is a Purdue? Purdue University..
of course...

Where is it? Lafayette, IN

I would love to see you dress up in an ObiWan costume...I need to go find a costume for myself so next time I won't be out of place...although my pajamas were pretty sweet...

rose said...

at first glance...that is what it may seem.

Anonymous said...

I saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to GEIKO.

... said...

Vulnerable and embarrassing indeed... Now if you just send it to american idol, I can be truly humiliated.


I think Al and I have to have a long chat after that incident.

rose said...

ha..yeah..you going to be on american idol??? i think your skills are worthy