Thursday, October 06, 2005

of arranged marriages and such.

I mentioned something about arranged marriages in my last post. Since it is getting a bit of a response...I thought I would move it to the top. This way we can have a full out discussion about it. I think that arranged marriages could make life easy. We wouldn't have to worry about dating...you know? I guess of course we would have to worry about ending up with someone who we are totally not compatible with...but you can make anything work...right? This is what various people have said so far.

Tony said:

I agree with you on the arranged marriage thing. Maybe we should just get together a group of 20 or so singles. Put names in two hats: one for boys one for girls. Draw one from each hat, and BAM, there you go, another happily married couple. As long as everyone was willing to make things work.............
****
I would have to say that sounds like a fantastic idea...can we do a sort of white elephant thing? Where we can steal what other people have already drawn or pick out of the hat? That could be crazy interesting....

Thom said:

Tony, this is slightly OT but watch Ice Storm ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119349/ ) and see how badly this sort of thing could work out.

OTOH, if we are going in for arranged marriages, I think we should toss in a statute for multiple wives too. Of course being a modern man I would have to assume that would also go for women having multiple husbands too (never see that in the middle east!) I think it is safe to skip any rule that ivolvles the cutting off of heads.

So Rose, did you have any idea how derranged of a post the arranged marriage comment would pull? Personally I can't wait to hear what other people think!
******
I didn't check out the link yet...so people go check it out....More than one husband? That could be a little crazy...

Asher said:

The hat idea; I can find something in just about anyone that I love and focus on it, so it would probably work. But I think I'll take free choice over luck of the draw, because inevitably I would find someone with a trait I'm more fond of than the one I have focused on with my chosen partner, and that would be problematic.
******
True dat...but luck of the draw could be interesting...and if that was the way of life...who cares...right?

What are everybody elses thoughts? Anybody want to say forget about dating...and just start picking names? We can start a sign up sheet...haha...

In other news...
I seriously should not own a car.
read this and you will know that I do have bad luck cars. Even since that last post...my car quit on me and now I have a temporary car that I paid $500 for. For $500 it is the best car ever. If I had paid any more than this...I would have been more upset this morning when I went out to my car and noticed a huge dent in the top of it. It looks as if somebody thought that it would be a great idea to jump up on top of my car and do a little dance. What the hell? So not the top of my car is sort of sunken in. It is complete with footprints that serve as proof that somebody was freaking crazy. It's sort of funny but still...why me????

4 comments:

rose said...

the above comment is the best spam comment ever...what site?

Anonymous said...

I love cheap cars, dents and all. It sucks that someone thought your car would be a good place to learn break dancing, hopefully they fell off and are waking up right now with bruises.

Rose might remember my audi, bought it for 14k, spent 8k first year fixing it, sold it for 9k. That is the suxxor!

Replaced it with a 88 honda that cost 800$, gets better milage, spent less than 200 on insurance and licensing the first year, cheap cars are awesome! I could have a really nice car, but what a waste! I will instead recycle peoples beaters.

-thom

rose said...

i agree with you thom...had my car been an audi...i probably would have cried if someone break danced on top of it...since the car waas $500...i laughed.

um... yeah... said...

old cars suck sometimes, but they're also cheap!

what happened to the cougar, rose?