Thursday, February 17, 2005

I have the worst luck with cars..

I think the title says it all. I have the stinkin worst luck with cars. Would you like to know why? If not, stop reading NOW because I am going to give a sort of overview of my car history.

*It all started in 1999. I got my first car. It was a cute little purplish pink 94 tracker. I was paying payments on it to my evil step dad. One day, I went outside to go to school and my car was gone. My step dad let me believe that it had been stolen when in all reality; he had taken the money I had been giving him and NOT paying the payments. It had in fact been repossessed.
*I went without a car for a little while when my step dad told me he had taken the "insurance money" (ha) from the tracker and bought me a nice perfectly good 1990 Nissan sentra. It was either this car or no car. I had no choice because my step dad and mom would not give me rides anywhere, so I took it. I still had to pay for this one, so I was giving payments to my step dad.
This car was a piece of poo. I leaked oil, the sunroof leaked; the battery and the cables attached to the battery would continuously come apart so I would have to get out of my car while I was on the road somewhere to fix that. My timing belt broke, I had radiator issues, and the list could go on and on. Everyday, something else broke.
*Freshman year of college, my mom tells me she is going to give me 2000 dollars for Christmas to find a new car so I could have a car at school. She feels bad for what my step dad did. I get a 1994 Nissan sentra. As far as how it ran, this was a bright spot in my car history. It lasted me from January of '01 to November/December of '04. At this point, it just quit on me and we sold it to an Asian guy name Jim. However, in those 3 years, I had 2 CD players stolen from me, both at my grandma's house. One time, I left my face plate on, and they unlocked my car and got in and took it. The other time, on my 21st birthday, I came home real quick for about 15 minutes in between getting my license renewed and a doctor’s appointment to get some breakfast. I left my windows down and my CD player in because I was only gone a short time. I came back, and it was gone. I cried.
*After it quit, I got a 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse. This car LOOKED cool, but once I had it about a month, it decided that it wanted to get a crack in the radiator. We got that fixed, and then the engine decided it didn't want to work anymore. In the short time I had this car; I had yet another CD player stolen. This time, I had my alarm on, my doors off, and my face plate with me, they just took the radio. I was so mad; I decided never to get a CD player in my car again. Brian T. was so sweet to me, he got me a tape player for my car and a portable CD player to go with it. These never got used though because I ended up never needing them.
*After that car quit, I had to borrow my dad's 87 Crown Victoria. This car was a piece of work. EVERYTHING was wrong with it, and that almost made it sweet. I will spare you the details right now, but if you as me nice enough in the comments, I will give you the details. I did win Colts tickets for it being the worst car in Indianapolis.
*Now, if you are still reading, this is where the story really starts. The car I have now, I got because I didn't want to have to worry about it breaking down. I was sick of all the issues of was having with cars. I was correct; I don't have to worry about it breaking down. However, I have only had the car a year, and in that year, somebody has backed out of their driveway and sideswiped my car, putting a big dent in it and taking out a mirror. I got that fixed. Then somebody shot my window with a BB gun and broke it. I still don't have that fixed. Then I had two good tires get ruined by a pothole or something. THEN today, I go out to my car and somebody freakin hit my car again. Now, there is a huge dent in my door again. The same door that was fixed before. I am so mad, and kind of weirded out that I am not that mad because it seems to be commonplace in my life. Now, I have to spend a huge chunk of money paying my deductible and getting my window fixed. I will gladly accept donations.

This is why I think I am cursed.


word of the day:

whammy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should try a different parking space?? lol.

You knows what happened to me? Some one stole my radio and didn't even have the decency to break out my window! They simply unlocked my truck (an old '86 beater) and took out the radio. I thought, "Those big dummies - they didn't take the adaptor insert so the radio is useless to them". "Ha, ha, ha", I laughed.

They stole the adaptor insert the next day, unlocking my truck again.

It quickly became evident that I was the big dummy!!! Tee, hee.

Oh well. These are the things in life that make great blog fodder!

JB

um... yeah... said...

2 things:

1) i think jb needs to start his own blog. that would be off the hook.

2) i feel for ya, rose, and had i a decent car to give to you, i would, but our luck is similar to yours. josh's car's radiator is bad, the gray one's brakes about catch fire every time we drive it. and for now, the red one's okay. it sucked to dump $550 into a 15 year old car a couple months ago but at least it's running.

3) there's someone screaming on tv. yes, that was gratuitous. sorry.

Anonymous said...

That sucks kiddo, the very best I can do is maybe cheer you up a little with my bad car experience.

I buy a Honda in 93 when I am living in Georgia. It takes every penny I have to make the down payment and most of my next 36 paychecks to pay it off.

I fly home for leave back in 94, and I lend my car to my roomate for a few days before insurance expires (won't be needed while I am out of the country for the following 7 months.)

My roomate decides to go AWOL with my car.

I cannot make an insuance claim since my insurance expired a week before the police report was filed.

Since I handed him the keys, it is not stolen, is is "misappropriated" under the UCMJ.

Because the car has been "misappropriated" and not "stolen" I have to make 20 more payments on the car.

The kicker; a letter arrives from Texas stating that if I pay the towing fee I could have my car back. You have 90 days to respond to this letter or your car will be sold at public auction. I got that letter about nine months after it's postmark.

-thom

P.S. If you need to curse the hit and runners you can try this out!
http://www.ship-of-fools.com/Features/Curses/Curses_body.html

rose said...

Ouch Thom...that REALLY sucks. That kind of reminded me (well the towing thing anyway) of a thing that happened to my not too long ago. I got pulled over, and then they told me my license was suspended and towed away my car. They dropped me off at a gas station and I had to go from there. Tyanna (a friend) picked me up, and we then spent all day trying to figure out this mess. It turns out it was BMV error. I ended up missing nearly 2 days of work, paying for new license, a new birth certificate, and I would have had to pay to get my car out of towing but we new the people that owned the place and she gave me my car back for free. Your story does make me feel better though. JB, your story just makes me laugh. Tyanna, it just amazes me the life those Volvos have on them.

rose said...

Oh yeah, Tyanna, you said 2 things and you gave me 3..haha.

Anonymous said...

Get a hold of me and maybe I can get the body shop guy to help you out with the pricing to control the deductible.

Wolfe

Anonymous said...

isnt this funny? the title of the blog is LUCKY and the title of the post is "I have the worst luck with cars.." What is up with that?

Anonymous said...

rose, i'm sorry about your luck with cars. i can't really say much besides i hope you have a brighter future with the darn four wheelers. i'd give you money...but i have to pay my own car insurance and my savings account is about to go $0.00. None. Zip. Nada. I love you rose! I'll pray for your car issue babe. bye.
*lindsey
*a.k.a.-burztiglathpilezer