Saturday, February 12, 2005

Holy crap...

This video is really, really, really funny. When I watched it for the first time, I nearly peed my pants. Wow to whoever made this video. You had WAY too much time on your hands... Go watch it; you will be sorry if you don't. For a preview, my favorite line is "27+39=66, unless you're catholic, then there's even more...” Thank you Matt (rat masher) for the link!

baby got book (watch it NOW!!)

Now, on to my word of the day.

JB did not know what culottes are, and he suggested that I make it the word of the day. I will give you the link to look it up, but I will also explain what they are.

Here is the link:

culottes

now on to my description.

Culottes are these knee length things that are incredibly full (like a skirt) but are like shorts. They generally are pleated and seem to be homemade a lot. Because of this, when you are around a group of people (like the strict Baptists) that wear culottes a lot, you see all kinds of crazy fabric designs. (Things such as veggie tales, tweetie bird, whatever you can think of)When I would wear culottes to school in the winter, people would make fun of me because I was wearing shorts. I remember when I was in high school (and allowed to wear pants); we had a youth activity with my church where the girls were not going to be allowed to wear pants. We could wear knee length shorts. Trust me; this is NOT the same as culottes. I actually liked some of my knee length shorts. I was bringing a friend a long on this (SARAH T.!), and she did not own any knee length shorts. She also could not borrow mine because I am much shorter than her. So, somebody from my church let her borrow a pair of culottes. They were hideous. They had tweetie bird all over them, and it was extremely funny. Here is the point to this story. Making people conform to your standards before they enter your church is not an effective way to reach people. Sarah just thought the rules were funny and ridiculous. What makes us so special that we can place rules like that on people who simply want to visit? Alright...that is all I am going to say. I wish Sarah read this so she could say something about those darn culottes...Kristin get on it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they the same as Skorts? I asked that in another comment, but I wanted to be the first one to comment on something. So I am repeating myself.

How pathetic.

JB

Anonymous said...

http://www.modestapparelusa.com/culottes_pleated.html

Is this the idea?

-thom

rose said...

yes thom..that is exactly the idea..JB..they are about the same as skorts...

Anonymous said...

Dude! Somehow the tweetie bird cullotes ended up in my nappy clothes drawer, at my (mom's) house. Now that I am thinking of it, I wore the infamous tweetie pants for mismatch days in high school. Wow, that's shameful!

Anonymous said...

oops :) I posted that -Kristin

um... yeah... said...

culottes are what cool people wore. i had some for church camp. and i wasn't even baptist!

rose said...

I will have to say, Tyanna, that culottes were not what cool people wore. look at the link thom put in his comment. Although I have seen some stores selling them as if they were cool now. I hope they don't come in style.

... said...

That video is amazing. Um... culottes, I really don't know what to say. They look so goth... I mean, they have potential, if they were black denim, ripped a little. They could be cool, you just have to accesorize appropriately and think outside the box... don't think "culottes", think "COOLottes."

"So bless me, bless me, and teach me about John Wesley"
HILARIOUS!

um... yeah... said...

of course you DO realize i was being sarcastic...

Anonymous said...

I like big books too! My bible isn't a paperback, cause i'm not down wit dat. I have never had the pleasure (or satisfaction) of wearing culottes, but if I did, I would probably leave my job and just start walking around the world. I'll deal with the oceans when I get there.
Triv-Daddy