Tuesday, February 22, 2005

holy horse pucky


My super sweet friend Nick created the little picture above. It all goes back to his Star Trek shirt. If you don't know what I am talking about, here is a little excert from his
post. .

Dad had given me this shirt for Xmas, to which I thought was actually cool, considering he picked it. So I decide to wear this shirt that night, being the all singing/all dancing crap that I am. I show up...only to have my shirt kicked down a peg by Rose. She said I looked like a person from Star Trek. It never dawned on me, but holy horse puckey, I did. I asked her for some foil, because wearing this shirt wouldn't be right unless I had the official insignia and the ability to contact Mr. Scott so he could therefore, beam me the hell up. You can check out the original story
->here<- or go see the shirt in all it's glory ->here<-

I think this is amazing. It makes me feel like a movie star. Oh yeah. My name is Sunflower Olson. How original. This makes me laugh. Maybe I am a huge nerd. It's all good though. Actually, I have never seen any of the star trek movies. I actually told my friend Nick that he needed to correct an error in his post. He had said Mr. Scott instead of Mr. Spock. Oh, I am a genius. He, in fact, meant Mr. Scott, as in "Beam me up, Scotty." I think that had to knock a few points off the nerd score. I actually have never seen any of the Star Wars or Lord of the Rings movies. I distinctly remember a certain Indian man saying to me:

How can you call yourself an American if you have never seen Star Wars. Even I have seen Star Wars back in 198? in India...

When he said this, I almost lost it. It kind of reminded me of the Indian guy in Van Wilder (which if you haven't seen it, it is a great movie). Ok...so back to whatever semi-logical (ha) point I was making. The above picture is pretty darn cool. Props to Wertzy!!! Oh yeah, I also love it that he named the post "Captain's Blog" instead of "Captain's log"



***************
Ok...done with that...I must add in one more thing.
I was looking at the stats from my blog. Apparently somebody linked to my blog from google. If you search for
the poochie lip disease, my blog is the very first choice. Somebody, for some random reason, searched for this and linked to my blog. This somebody was from Grand Rapids Baptist College. Unfortunatly, when you link to my blog from this link, you just get the whole entire blog. This meas that whoever this person had their eyes profaned by the naked people. They probably stained their culottes they were so upset. Ok, I am sorry, I just had to say that. It did make me laugh though.

word of the day:

paradisaical

8 comments:

357martini said...

Crazy Canadians have been watching gun toting Americans blunder their way through foreign policy for decades now. The truth about the border is most of the items smuggled in or out of Canada occurs on native reservations....As far as I can recall all of the terrorists involved in 9-11 entered North America via the USA. Crazy Canadians? Even Crazier Americans...
SpookyOptics

rose said...

I just like the way it sounds...Crazy Canadians...kind of like how I like to say Crazy Catholics... I love Canadians...I love Catholics... it's all good. You can't say Crazy Americans, it just doesn't have the same ring.

Anonymous said...

My office is just a couple miles from GRBC, now I am worried that there may be a poochie lip epidemic going around! I will keep a watch up here and post a warning here if I see any of them in the wild!

Obligatory two cents: I think the term "crazy American" is completely unnecessary. "Sane American" now that will get peoples attention.

-thom

Anonymous said...

That is what endears us to all the foreigners! Americans are all a bunch of gun toting crazies!! -- But we mean well and are so lovable -- lol.

Odd, though, you never hear complaints about our crazy gun toting when we send $65 Billion to a country to help them through a natural disaster. Is there a connection? Hmmmm.

I will be the first to admit that all of the terrorists from 9-11 entered the united states by abusing our freedoms. Now we live in a less free country because of it. I guess I don't understand spooky's point. Oh well. If I weren't an American, I probably would.

Here is a PSA (Public Service Announcement for our Crazy Canadian friends): The story about the border incident was supposed to be FUNNY!! Just relax and have a laugh at doofus Americans like me inanely bungling border crossings.

Also, for the record, I have enjoyed every moment of my time in Canada. It was great. If I ever get sick there, it might be a different story. lol.

Let's see, kiddo, you are using an alliteration with Crazy Canadians so how about:

Arbitrary Americans?
Anglo-Saxon Americans?
Aorist Americans?
Ardent Americans?
Ambivalant Americans?

Hmmmm. None of those seem to really work, though.

JB

Anonymous said...

How about A for Amazing Americans? I guess we could be the only ones to use that. I am with Jonathan on the Canadian post being funny. I was not bashing the Canadians. I was, in all actuality, just telling a funny story about "my boss" and his trip to Canada....

and Thom...definately beware of the poochie-lipped baptists...

um... yeah... said...

well if you wanna dress up as deb and dress briant up like napolean josh and i will dress like jojo and tyisha and hit the ugly monkey with you next friday. i think that should work. i will celebrate the white russians while there and enjoy it greatly. let's do it!

rose said...

Oh Tyanna...you know I am sooo there.
I need to go to goodwill and get me so me cool Deb pants. There is going to be a tator tot eating contest and a dance contest. I am going to try to learn the dance. If I get it learned, maybe I will video tape it and get it on the web. That would be super sweet.
Is grandma there?
No she's getting her hair done...

If anybody else wants to go...
Napoleon Dynamite Look-a-Like contest at the Ugly Monkey next friday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just pretend your are a Crazy Canadian and read Ty's post.

You Cowboy American's: "Well if you wanna dress up as Deb and dress Briant up like Napolean Josh and I will dress like jojo and tyisha and hit the Ugly Monkey with you next Friday. I think that should work. I will celebrate the white Russians while there and enjoy it greatly. let's do it!"

Ugly Monkey and White Russians.. we are out saving the world once again with our Napolean look a likes...

Wolfe