Sunday, February 20, 2005

my dad is stinkin crazy

Here is a recent conversation between my dad and I:

Dad: I have learned a lot of this new rap music that is out
Me: Oh really?
Dad: To the window...
Me: Wow, that is a bad song.
Dad: To the wall...
Me: (thinking: holy crap)
Dad: Sweat rolls down and falls...
Me: (still thinking: I can't believe my dad is singing this)
Dad: and all these females crawl
Me: (still thinking: I really hope he doesn't sing the next line)
Dad: Skeet, Skeet, Skeet, Skeet
Me: (still thinking: oh he did, I can't believe my dad is singing this)
Me: Where did you learn this?
Dad: I went out with somebody for his 21st birthday and he kept singing this.
Me: (perplexed)
Dad: But we shouldn't sing that song because we have the Lord with us.

At this point I lost it. Note that he sang the edited version. Thank goodness. I am not sure what I would have done if had sang the real version. My dad is hilarious. He is moving to Broadripple. I can see him at the Vogue dancing it up. This is going to be great. I have so many more stories from my dad, but I know that you probably don't want to hear them. They are funny though. Parents are funny aren't they? I guess most of us would say our parents are crazy. I think I may be able to top you. I got an e-mail from my mom today. She got married yesterday. She is pretty crazy too. The whole family is. It is a wonder I turned out OK..or did I? I guess that is up to you to decide. Who thinks that their parents are crazy?

Random thoughts:
1. I really like water with lemon
2. I wish I could go to Princeton right now and visit Matt so he could watch a movie with me
3. our Christmas tree is still up in our living room.
4. at least we took the lights off of it.
5. giving up stuff for Lent is hard..I guess that is the point.
6. I locked my keys in my car..I am a genius
7. The sqare root of 12 is an irrational number
8. I can prove it for you if you want
9. I really like going to mass...
10. I miss Josh and Tyanna..I hope we hang out soon.
11. I probably should stop typing now
12. This is one of the most dreadful posts ever
13. Even though it is awful, please comment still...that makes me happy

Word of the day:

make up your own again..I promise next post I will be on it again. I know you care so much.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents are crazy for having eight other children besides me. other than that, my dad nor mother sang rap songs. Your dad tops my parents, I guess.

My word of the day: SmookerSmackSmeeSmuck...your won't find it in the dictionary

Anonymous said...

My parents are both crazy as shit. My mother is crazy in a very sweet old way, my father is a sick and twisted old man.

-thom

Anonymous said...

Well, though you didn't have an official word of the day, I had never heard the term skeet before, and was compelled to look it up.  This was a mistake!

Anonymous said...

Your father is the cutest little man, EVER.
-kool.

rose said...

and he is going to be your neighbor..how fun is that?

Anonymous said...

I really liked Broadripple, don't they have an ordinance against uncool old people?

Thanks wehttam, after reading your comment I had to look it up too. Curiosity kills...

-thom

rose said...

For those of you who are still curious...
http://www.rapdict.org/Skeet

warning...this is awful. I do not condone the use of this language.

rose said...

i think that uncool old people do not want to move to broadripple. My dad however is a crazy little man. He parties more than I do. Broadripple may just be his place.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is the part about skeet. heh heh heh, skeet.

trivdaddy

Matt Black said...

Wow... I've seen some pretty big nerds in my day, and the highest of them scored an 83. You dwarf the competition... :P

... said...

skeet:

the sport of shooting at clay pigeons that are hurled upward in such a way as to simulate the flight of a bird
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

...so that song's about trapshooting. I never made the connection.

Kyle said...

After I locked my keys in my car the first time, I made five copies and gave them to my friends (aside from putting one in the dorm room) both at my own school and the one in the next town, so that if I ever did it again, it wouldn't be a problem

rose said...

Good idea Kyle, maybe one day I will get smart...I have locked my keys in my car soo many times

um... yeah... said...

yer dad. what a trip.

we miss you, too! let's get together soon! like maybe even BEFORE next sunday night! now that we don't see each other sunday mornings it feels like we never see you at all. only sunday nights feels weird.

thank you for not condoning such language. do you ever wonder how many people have no clue what that means? i mean, i don't consider myself to be naive or out of the loop but i really didn't know. geez. why do people keep taking normal words and making them used for something else? it's really quite tiring.

Anonymous said...

hey hey, i know all about crazy parents, hex my mom wants me to ride bitch on her bike this summer and go to her tattoo artisit. And if u dont want the christmas tree up take it down youself, u crazy girl- hex i went thru the trouble of putting it up and taking down the decorations. Or hey here is an idea we could decorate the tree for each holiday - lets set up for easter - that would be fun, it could become the year round holiday tree and simple of our apt. FUN FUN

Anonymous said...

Rosamond, I love your dad. I'm so excited he is moving closer. Maybe he will watch Andrew one night so we can go out again. By the way, I never knew what skeet meant until now... very disturbing.