Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Anybody want a duck with a backwards head?

Yesterday, I was at my apartment doing a few things. The T.V. was on in the background. Who Wants to be a Millionaire was on. Yep. That show is still on. I wasn't really watching it, but then, one of the questions caught my eye. It was about math. That's why. The question was:

If four is multiplied by its reciprocal, what is the product?

The choices were:

A. 1/4
B. -4
C. 1
D. 4

So instantly answers it. Now hesitation. She says D. 4. I say WHAT??? Ok, so I understand she may not know what a reciprocal is. Perfectly understandable. I think it's common knowledge for everybody. I know that's not the case. The thing I don't understand is why she didn't use a lifeline if she didn't know. She just acted like she knew what it was. For that reason, she went home with $1000. Not bad, but so stupid to lose when you have lifelines left.

Wow this is riveting.

I know everybody wants to read about that show. I mean, wow.

I think this story is going to trail off now. Three points for whoever gets the answer right first!!!!

Did you hear about that guy who is trying to get a free house? He started with a huge paper clip and traded up. So far, he is up to a year's free rent. That's pretty sweet. I wonder if I could do anything like that. All I want is a new bike. That's a lot cheaper than a house. So, let's see...What can I start trading? Louie? No my roommate wouldn't like that. How about a chocolate Easter bunny. I would be willing to trade somebody something for that. I know!


This duck is super cool. Anybody want it? See, it's really rare. It's head is on backwards. I won it a few years ago in the duck pond or something like that. I had to pick this one because seriously? It's just cool. I think this guy had a great idea. Of course, I don't want to be accused of being unorginal. Ok. I am unoriginal, but I REALLY want a new bike. My bike is inefficient. The chain keeps coming off, plus it is really slow. I did a biatholon last year. I did pretty decent in the running part. When it came to the 20 mile bike ride, I came in dead last. They had already started taking down all of the timing equipment. Plus, I gave the bike to my dad for Christmas. He really liked it. So just name what you'll give me for it, and I will send it your way. :)



I ran a 15k on Saturday. Sometimes, when I do these races, my running partner is the owner of the company I work for. He loves to make DVDs. He sort of wanted to run the mini-marathon with video camera. He decided he would do a trial run and bring the video camera with him on the 15k. Now, this is no light camera. It's a really nice professional looking one. It was heavy. It weighed between 5 and 10 pounds. Wow. He decided he would not be carrying it in the mini. Good thinking. I carried it for about 1.5 miles. It was really hard to run with it. It threw your balance all off, plus it was heavy. Yeah...so...lesson learned...don't carry a video camera and run.

One other lady walked the 15k. Apparently, she usually likes to run while chewing gum. She didn't have any gum, but she did have Skittles. She finishes the 15k, and let's everybody know that it's not a good idea to eat Skittles during a walk. Another lesson learned...Skittles does not give you the energy you need.

So...yeah...bye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The answer is C. 1 ... can I use my three points as part of the trade for the duck? It is pretty darn cool ... still thinking of something to trade ... how about a 37 key electronic keyboard that's never been out of the box?

It's also not a good idea to give blood and run in the same day ... talk about energy drains ... this is a lesson I seem to have a hard time learning ... I guess there's something about giving blood and then playing ultimate for two hours in the blistering heat of summer (with plenty of water of course) that I just can't seem to avoid ...

Wow that went much longer than planned.

rose said...

I'm thinking it about it. I'm not sure if the candy bar would be an up trade. Maybe. The keyboard? Well...what kind of keyboard is it? I think this duck is pretty darn sweet.

woohoo...3 points for matt state.

the score now is. Matt: 3 points...everybody else: 0

Anonymous said...

Of course the answer is always one. (for that matter you should always mark "c." If I learned nothing else in school, I learned that.) What is the end (the purpose, "telos") of Math? And in exchange for the duck I would trade a book.
Who am I?

um... yeah... said...

i knew it was one! i sucked at geometry but actually did pretty well in algebra. :)

rose said...

dear anonymous. Who are you? I don't know. You will give me a book. Hmmm...which book?