Friday, April 14, 2006

I don't get it

So I received a random comment on a post from last February (meaning 2005). If you would like to see the post, click here.

The comment simply said:

"Fat guys and nerds are hot." It was posted by somebody who called themselves Timber Wolf. I don't know who it was but I don't get it. Back in the day, I may suspect that this was posted by a guy that works with me. His last name is Wolfe. He would come up with random names for commenting. He has not commented in a while.

I know if you read the comments, it talks about nerds, but fat guys? Fat guys and nerds are hot? I actually would think that hot nerds are a rare breed, hot fat guys even rarer. I don't know. Let me do a search in google images.

so when I search for fat guys...I get this. You be the judge: is this hot?

I think it is dead sexy. Anyway. When I was in 5th grade, the two biggest guys at the school used to try to chase me around and kiss me. One time, they pushed me into a puddle and tackled me. I was scared. It traumatized me for life. Ok, that was a little bit of a side track. You know what I just pictured? This is for you tyana...Josh doing his little killing the bunny trail thing. Again, that's ONLY for you. Nobody else knows what's going on.

Now to the nerds. First, I must say I am a HUGE fan of nerds. Nerds are cool. They do things like math and stuff. I'm a nerd. I like it that way. I like meeting nerds. Sometimes it's hard for me to converse with people who don't have some level of nerdiness. We just don't understand each other. Sigh. So hot nerds? I've met a couple. There aren't very many of them though. A lot of them choose to wear sweat pants with a nice sweater and a fanny pack. Not hot my friend. Not hot. So Google Images...nerds...


Oh goodness. Poor kids. Actually, that probably could have been me growing up...the girl with the white shirt and the blue skirt on. It would be me straight up in my Baptist years. My parents wanted me to fail at all socialization. I had it rough in the early years. I dressed weird. I played with chemistry sets and microscopes. I had a miniature planetarium. I had a rock tumbler that I even brought to school. I had a potato clock. I was nerd to the extreme. My parents designed it that way. Look where it got me? I freakin do math!

Now...still don't get the comment. Maybe it means that fat guys and nerds together are hot? well let's check that out on the google images.



Yeah. That was the best I could get. So, I am not sure fat guys and nerds are hot.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

A couple other random things:

*My sister goes back to Kuwait on Sunday. That's sad.

*When I did a spell check on this, it found nerd to be spelled wrong. It does not consider it a word. Weird.

*I'm running a 15K tomorrow...fun

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some nerds are hot. I'm marrying a nerd who likes to do math. He was excited when I took Calculus because "I can so you so much cool stuff to do with it" Yeah right. I love my nerd and I have a t-shirt to prove it (and a ring) :) Leif's friends are all nerds and they are pretty cool. You just have to find the good looking nerds.
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

the quote was "I can SHOW you so much cool stuff to do with it" Damn, I should read these things before I hit the publish button.

Anonymous said...

Math geeks can get tshirts for their girls, I am glad I am a network geek instead http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/ladies/6792/ YEAH!

I ran 25k tonight to prep for a run in May. 2h0m is damn good for me this time of year, too bad I have two and a half hours of kendo tomorrow, that's gonna hurt.

Good luck on your run tomorrow!

-thom

rose said...

matt...I think you may need to check out thom's site. Hey! You never called me back! You need to get on that. I miss you :(. What are your plans for the summer?

thom...wow. That is a geeky website. I enjoy the descriptions of everything.

Anonymous said...

5 fat guys + 5 nerds = 1 star wars freak ... interesting ... :)

rose said...

hA...that's funny. Never really noticed that.

Anonymous said...

Every Once in a Blue Moon with a Gray Sky, I come check out your site... Well I don't ever post but I read... That original post in Feb 2005 was not from me.... I don't get the Fat Guys and Nerds either...

Wolfe

My once in a Blue Moon post. Wait the sky is not Gray, but a crisp Blue.

See you all the next Blue Moon.