Monday, May 07, 2007

The Hot Lights

Well, that's the random title for you from the random title generator... It has nothing to do with anything.

TWO WEEKS!!!! that's how much time is left before the end of season.

Yesterday, I went to this thing called Boulderfest... it was amazing. Basically, it was all the astrocamp people plus a few others. It was a competition...not just a climbing competition...but you got points for drinking, for sexual inuendos, for farting while climing (made me think of Tuteur)...and for other various games such as: Taco wrestling (you are wrapped in a crash pad and you have a helmet on and then you try to get your opponent down to the ground.) This is a dangerous game. I did not play, but people were hurt...not badly...but still hurt. Then there was human bouldering...you jump on someone's back and you try to make a complete orbit around that person without their help. Then there was the bench problem. You had to completly make it all the way underneath the bench and then back on top without ever touching the ground. I rocked that game. You could also get bonus points...I got some for having gum stuck on my butt. Of course, you got points for climbing too...oh yeah, and if you could slackline you could get points for that, and if you could get your shoe to land on this one rock, you got points for that. Amazing.

I won for the girls...sweet. I won a chalk bag and some chalk. Pretty much, I think I was the only girl that really climbed anything, so that did me good. I only had one beer...so I didn't get a lot of points for that.

I did get very cut up...which is always fun...and I got beat up by a tree...I have a big gash on my arm now. It was good times...

Yeah,

so enough of that...

The 500 festival mini-marathon was this past weekend, and I'm sad I wasn't home to run it...oh well...I am going to run a hellish half marathon in September in Bloomington. That shall be fun.

Wow, I'm lame.

That's cool though...

I saw a chipmunk today outside my window...I hate those things. Anybody share my same feelings? Once, at Joshua Tree, one ate my honey nut cheerios...chewed right through my plastic container and I couldn't do anything about it because I was belaying Andy...Couldn't very well take him off belay...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could take me off belay if you really loved your cheerios...you don't REALLY love those cheerios

-Andy

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I was reading a journal of a friend of a friend and they talked about hiking thru Idyllwild, isn't that up the road from you? http://postholer.com/journal/viewJournal.php?entry_id=689 Incase you want to take a peak.

-thom