Monday, March 14, 2005

the 80's continued

Here is the second installment of the you lived in the 80's/early 90's list:

There are seven more items making there way to my blog from the list, so here it goes.

8. Two words: Parachute Pants. (When I dressed up as Deb for a Napoleon Dynamite party, I thought my size 20W stirrup pants looked more like parachute pants.)

9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock". (I sure did, when my parents weren't around.)

10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars...and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect. (I had the streamers. I am not sure what spokey-dokes are but I had stuff on my spokes.

11. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales " (Woo-oooh!) (sure can)

12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons. (What were we thinking? waking up early to watch T.V??? My big thing was Friday night though. T.G.I.F....full house..oh yeah)

13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. (I did that just last week..oh wait..)

14. You saw the original "Tee! nage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen...and still know the turtles names. (I never did. we didn't watch movies. I did have the teenage mutant ninja turtles pie...does anybody remember that? it had green filling. Kenda does an amazing GO NINJA GO NINJA GO dance...)


Alright...that is all for today. I ran a 15 K yesterday. That was a long run. I am not really sure what I was thinking. The Mini it getting close...

Can you tell these posts are so just fluff until I figure out something good to write about? I though so...

4 comments:

um... yeah... said...

oh man - the nostalgia is overwhelming...

Josh S. said...

Rose!!!! Take a look at a nuvo from March 9th-16th!! We made the Miller Light Ad!!!

Anonymous said...

I never wore parachute pants, but Thom did!! lol. He had to - by definition for some time the pants he wore were parachute pants. He got them from the store called "82nd".

Tee, hee. I think I am so clever.

JB

Anonymous said...

Let me share what I learned in four years of jumping out of airplanes:
- never skip the parachute inspection
- never land on your head
If you follow the two rules, there is no cooler feeling than having your knees in the breeze.

-thom

ps: Oregon Trail was the shiznit!