Wednesday, March 02, 2005

blog wars and other stuff

Well, it looks like we are still awaiting the retaliation of the enemy. The enemy seems to not really be doing much. Word is we may hear something from brianisrockhard today. So far, this is what we have gotten from him.

from ditch on the other side of the western front with a bullhornI see that at least the rocks that I throw are not stall regurgitation of previous posts....THAT I WAS ALREADY CREDITED!! Your lack of creativity and your longing to be an AOL minion will surely destroy you...

brianisrockhard


Inside sources tell me he is planning something big...but we will see.

********
In other news:

Well I guess it's not really news, but I posted a bit ago about my crazy dad. The other day at dinner, he told me a story that mad me laugh. I had heard it before, but I like to hear this story. When my little sister was a baby, we lived in a small house and would have to share a room. I guess the room was small, and they needed to get beds for both of us. My dad went to the store and was looking for what could possibly be a good option. We didn't have much money, so he was also looking for an inexpensive option. He finally finds something he thinks will work, buys it, and takes it home to show my mom. What did he buy? An inflatable boat! How funny is that? My mom did not go for this, but I think it is hilarious that my dad thought the inflatable boat was a good idea. The things that go through his mind...he is a crazy character.

OK...Maybe this story is much more fun when you hear it in person...but it is still hilarious.

******

Pacers lost last night...I cried...but Pollard started!!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boat story is great... I can't wait to give your dad a beer and have him sit in my living room telling crazy stories. The inflatable boat is actually not a bad idea. I bet Andrew would be more than thrilled to sleep in one.
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

AIM is of course part of AOL! The "A" in AIM is for AOL!

Anonymous said...

Truly awesome people keep their Weblog (blog) on Livejournal. This site is just a rip off.

Anonymous said...

i love the story rose. made me laugh. so ludicrous. i hope you have an awesome week in the Lord!!! love you!!! ttyl.
*lindsey

Anonymous said...

intr.v. blogged, blog·ging, blogs

to write entries in, add material to, or maintain a weblog.

perhaps you should stop ripping off materials from other, superior blogs and use this inferior site for some good.

Anonymous said...

crying because the pacers lost? coughfindanewhobbycough

Anonymous said...

brianissoftandcuddly is read only, I will have to post this here:

livejournal.com is running linux and the entire project was based of the idea of using all open source code. Mysql, perl, and apache, on a linux install.

There has been some work on OSX, but that is just Jobs stealing thirty year old ideas from berkley anyway.

-thom

Anonymous said...

I .... am..... not fighting for ...an AOL minion, am I??

*sniff* **conerned look** ***single tear down cheek***

In a funny, yet somewhat unrelated story, Steve-o calls his ex-girlfriend the Minion. He is pretty sure she come right out of Tartarus.

Actually, Thom. Steve Jobs pretty much excels at stealing! Remember the little device we call the mouse? How Xerox invented it? Jobs said, "Ooooooooh. Preeetty."

WALLLAAHHH!

JB

Anonymous said...

Case closed... Read the Live Journal....

Retaliation Strike has commenced!

We have launched and hit all targets.

Wolfe

Anonymous said...

Thom:

I loved the reference to de la Rocha and Sun Tzu in your post. I am estimating that three people will know who both of them are. I also love the way you are concealing your true nature of nerdiness. You really DO understand Sun Tzu!! Softandcuddly will surely underestimate you.

How about a beer in Windsor?

JB

Anonymous said...

It is reasonable to admit your boss does not allow you to do anything but work at work! Don't smash those of us who are management, that not only are able but encourage this for the help of training and education via internet.

I suggest next time you want to talk about random subjects that you have no clue on.. (beginner IT consultant).. that you use a well known website that everyone else likes to use for research.

....... {www.Google.com}.....

This should help you learn about Mac PC's, Linux, AOL, and how to really post a nugget of knowledge for the day...

ie.. If you claim to be any sort of a Christian why would you tell someone to dis-honor their parents or any one else's property. If you don't like it their so much you should leave and get your own place and not mooch off your parents!


*****The Blog Wars Saga*****

Anonymous said...

No more AOL for me thank you.

Gmail is the place to be.

Speaking of Gmail...I got my dad an email address...he has never had one before.

The gas company asked him if he had an email address and he says yeah i have gmail. It's johnnyo48.

that's all he said. I wrote down his email address for him so he could get it right next time. He asked me where are the www's?

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't have their own place and is dishonoring their parents? That comment was a total non-sequitur even on Triv-Daddy's site.

Also, why was it copied here anonymously?

Why does the bombardier Beetle shoot fire out its butt?

WHY? OH WHY???

I dunno...... give me another beer.

JB

Anonymous said...

"nugget of knowledge:
When polishing your shoes, remember to do it in your room over carpet. Then run out of your room only once your latest coat of polish is nice and wet. trip/stumble down the bottom two stairs(thus the initial sound for waking me up). Then yell(totally awake at this point) at your dad about how there is shoe polish on the carpet in two places at least 4-5 times(inciting a growing rage in your father). Then leave. IF family is not pissed enough repeat the previous until satisfied...or dead.

brianisrockhard"


ReRead Please... IT is quite clear!

Wolfe

Anonymous said...

Sorry all, have to go OT for a sec:

JB, I am not surprised you and I have read some of the same books and listen to the same CDs. I was thinking about this last night and decided to test that theory:

The books on both sides of Sun Tzu are TCP/IP Illustrated and The DaVinci Code.

The CD's next to Rage are Willie Nelson and Underworld.

Read / listen to any of it?