Tuesday, March 15, 2005

stuffz

Before I get on with the 80's stuff, I would just like to say that I have somehow managed to get myself into this week's Nuvo. I am in a Miller add. Isn't that funny? I don't even like beer. They were taking snap shots of groups of people who happened to drinking Miller Lite, and it happens that a couple people I was with were, so we got our picture taken. I didn't think they would actually put it in the paper, but there I am, in all my glory with Wertzy, Derrick, and Josh. Ha, it made me laugh. Go check it out if you are interested. Someday, it may make it online at http://www.nuvo.net/hoosiernightlites/, but I am not sure, so just go pick up a copy ;).

Ok, on to 80's stuff.

Today, I am not going to put the promised 7 things on here. I am only going to put 1 because I think it deserves a lot of attention. Here it is:

15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

All I have to say is Oregon Trail was the stuff. Anybody who has never played this game has been deprived. I remember this game and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? being the two coolest games. Who remembers these? Oregon Trail was great. The object was to stay alive. Random people would die of random diseases along the way. You had to buy supplies, and make sure nobody stole your stuff. I liked it. Oh 4th grade, what a year. I remember somebody downloaded Oregon Trail on to a more up to date computer than the computers we used in 4th grade. The game was over basically when it started because the processor was so fast. Ok, that is all I have to say about that. I just know it was the stuff.

Hope everybody is having a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Josh S. said...

First off, oregon trail is awesome! Second, I emailed the Nuvo people today and they will be posting the pics to that website by tommorow AM.

... said...

Oregan Trail was quality, landmarks and I only played it on a Mac. Mathmuncher (I'm pretty sure that's the name) was my fave, I tore it up on factors!!! I had the school record for so long, I was sick! WWCSD was good, but I loved Where in Space is S.D., except that bitch always got away!!! Then you ended up arresting some thug, teaching the valuable life lesson "you will always have to settle for what you get and the ultimate prize is never what you get..." or something like that. Then we had this game where you could plot satellite - space shuttle orbits and see them in action (that was like 6th grade). That was a little more difficult but I got to the point where i could plot infinite orbits at any altitude... I was a lot smarter in grade school.

um... yeah... said...

someday ask jessy about oregon trail. she was hardcore about it. it's quite hilarious...

um, 'bout the pics, as of tuesday night you weren't on any of the 26 on there. poop!

Anonymous said...

I saw this and laughed, thought I would share it even though it is completely OT:

http://www.aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

Happy St. Patricks Day!
-thom