Monday, March 07, 2005

what a thief I was...

When I was in 6th grade I had a paper route. I had this route so I could raise money for cheerleading camp. I never did go to cheerleading camp because I never tried out. I am sure that my life is better because of this. I would have been severly laughed at if I would have tried out. I was after all the biggest nerd ever. Ok, back to the paper route. My paper route was through the huge town of Whiteland, IN. On the route, I would pass by the now closed Mr. D's food market. They had coke machines outside that all took 50 cents; except for 1, it took 25 cents. Every single day, I would go into Mr. D's and tell them that the machine took my 50 cents. Every day, they would give me 50 cents. I would then go back outside, and my best friend and I would get the 25 cent mellow yellow. I somehow thought that I had them fooled. I would try to talk with various accents when I went in so they would think I was somebody else. I would wear my hair different ways as to disguise myself. I thought I was so smooth. I wasn't.

I was telling this story at lunch yesterday, and some funny stories came up. I would like to hear some more stories about any stealing shananigans you have taken part of in your childhood...this could be fun. I especially want Tyanna and Josh's stories on here, and Tyanna, if you could Tasha's story on here, that would be awesome. Her story was great. Alright, so fire away! I want to laugh!

*****
I would have to say that Brianisrockhard is definately a mastermind at this war. He has made different items with a picture of me on it that say reospeed sucks. I think it is awesome. I almost want one myself. You can buy a shirt, a hat, or lots of buttons. How great is that? I encourage anybody from my side to purchase one of these items. Become traitors if you must...or maybe disguise yourself from the enemy by wearing the enemie's stuff.

Here is the the link:
http://www.cafepress.com/birh

Man, I wish I was creative so I could come up with decent posts....ha. HA!

5 comments:

... said...

Yea, that brianisrockhard online store is definitely a decent shot. This may turn out to be more entertaining then I thought.

So the stories of unsmoothness. I can't help but say on most occasions my quick wit got me out of bad situations... not that I have razor sharp wit, I was just working with a low curve. Anyway, how about in grade school when my friend and I were discussing how a couple goes about bumpin uglies and he or I (I don't remember which of us) decided a diagram was needed... one that would fill an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Well, it turned out to be quite a humorous cartoon of just a male and female genitilia. So our teacher Mr. Nash (God rest his soul) comes over and says, "What is that?" My friend and I glance at each other with the respective looks that said, "Think fast." So first, I bought a little time, "What is what?" He put his finger down on the paper, parting whatever cover my friend and I provided and said, "That!"
My friend: "It's a spaceship (referring to the male genitilia)..."
Me: "Yea, running into a wall."

A spaceship running into a wall... I don't think he bought it, but I think he was entertained, and we got off... no pun intended.

Josh S. said...

WOW!! Your own buttons, I wish someone hated me and made thier own CafePress store to loathe me. That Rocks!!! BTW, I really want to get a button, I could wear it on our late night clubbing trips. To show people that you are my freind but if you dont dance with me you too could have your name and likeness homaged on a shiny new button. Your still awesome though Rose! Im only kidding. Your my only freind that can remember every line to Napoleon Dynamite. Yet watch the movie on such a small TV. Your quite the minimalist and thats cool!!!

rose said...

Asher..your story made me laugh. Good job.

um... yeah... said...

1. yeah, sure, i'll buy the 100 pack of buttons. what is he smoking?

2. i never stole anything but cheese slices from our own fridge but i always felt really guilty about it b/c i knew we didn't have a lot of money. but damn those american cheese slices! they're so good!

3. my sister's story...
we grew up in a little town of about 2000 people in southeast ohio not far from WV. my dad was a preacher at one of the 4 protestant churches. we lived next to the bingo-playing catholic church. and a block away was a bible bookstore. i guess they were probably like a berean but we were little so all we cared about were the little trinkets like what you get for VBS giveaways. and we could get stuff for less than $1 with our paperroute money so that's where we wanted to spend it. tasha told us the other day how she stole a little plastic bible pencil sharpener. you open the bible to dump the shavings, and i remember these things - they were like 1" tall, 1/2" wide - tiny. she stuck it in her sock. and later she was showing my mom and mom was like "where did you get that?" she had to go apologize to the bible bookstore people who let her keep it. she was like 5. stole a bible pencil sharpener.

um... yeah... said...

um, how many times are you going to change your template design?