Saturday, March 12, 2005

I remember all of this.

I have found a list of about 35 things that pretty much could characterize much of my childhood. It makes me laugh, it brings back memories, it is fun. I am going to put 7 things a day from the list on here each day so I can elaborate more on them. Here it goes.


YOU KNOW you experienced the 80's (ummm... and early 90s) if:

1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE". (not!) {wow that was sooo 4th grade}

2. You watched the Pound Puppies. (I loved pound puppies. I had a few of the pound puppy dogs, and the cages that go with them...those were the good days)

3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair"...and can do the "Carlton". (I can't do the Carlton, but I do know the words to the rap. Every time a rerun comes on of that, I just watch the beginning for the rap, and then change the channel. It was Philedelphia born and raised...)

4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy. (I definately had some of those. I probably didn't start wearing it till it was out of style, but I thought I was so cool)

5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own. (I read all of the Baby sitter's club book, and all of the Baby sitter's little sister books. yep...I probably could tell you all there names and the characteristics of each...)

6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. (I had one of those in preschool, then I accidently dropped it out the window of the car on the way home. My dad wouldn't stop and I cried and cried because it was my favorite doll. Thank you Triv for getting me a new doll 16 years later...that was awesome.)

7. You know that "WOAH " comes from Joey on Blossom. (wow...I remember that show. she had the weirdest outfits)

*If you have any input on any of these, or if they bring back any memories, let's talk about our childhoods!!

*****
Pacers won last night!!! That makes me a happy girl.

4 comments:

... said...

I yearned to be a member of the babysitter's club. But I just wanted to be in with the girls, obviously it didn't work. However I did own a pound puppy. I also had a collection of Strawberry Shortcake dolls, NOT!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't into those 80's things but I did waste most of the decade playing Dungeons and Dragons and listening to AC/DC.

http://flashshows.web1000.com/geeks.html

-thom

Anonymous said...

My '80's were spent similarly to Thom's, except I listened to more RUSH than AC/DC, and I also spent a lot of time hacking around on my Commodore 64. The Commodores were SO ahead of their time!

Speaking of AD&D, Thom: Our party was in a room that had a vapor come in and hover around the floor. We were on a raised portion of the floor. I didn't know what the substance was, so my character tossed in the Dwarf girl. YEP!! It was a cloudkill. It actually killed her since her hit points were so low. The male dwarf became angry and stabbed my "girlfriend" in retalitaion. At that point, I hurled my greatsword at him.... and scored a critical hit. He died as well. At that point my character threw a torch in the cloudkill to "burn" it off. I believe it was at this point the explosion occured and a few other casualties were involved. I may not have been taking that dungeon crawl as seriously as might have been hoped.

Ahhhhh, The 80's

JB

Anonymous said...

Thom: I watched that clip at http://flashshows.web1000.com/geeks.html

I almost had a tear roll down my cheek. It was obviously made by someone who understands the gamer. and the "geek-fest" experience.

I about lost it when the Glabrezu(or whatever) said, "Roll the dice to see if I am getting drunk!!"

DM's could get so exsasperated, couldn't they?

JB