Tuesday, April 05, 2005

da whistle go wooo!

I promised a few individuals that I would post this video on my blog. It is absolutely amazing. Make sure you watch it all the way to the end and notice when Bubrub takes off in his car.

Here it is: here it is (spyware free because it is hosted on IUPUI's site!)

Also, for all those kids of the 80's/early 90's that remember playing Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail...I have just the site for you! Now you can play anytime you want. I played a game of oregon trail. In my game, tyana died (she had a broken leg), Kristin got typhoid (she survived though) and I ran into a rock while I was floating down the river and Brian drowned. I made it through to the end of the game though, so go me!!!

Carmen Sandiego

Oregon Trail

Have at it kids! The days when we got to play these games while at school were the days when school was awesome. What has happened???

Since I am on the kick of childhood nostalgia and I am basically just doing a filler post...here is some more 80's crap. I promise this list will be over soon.

31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-Ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would ne leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (and like #24, probably in neon colors, too.)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I ?" 36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were in-line skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at> McDonalds. (does anybody remember the train at the greenwood mcdonalds?)
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.

*I definately nodded in agreement...Oh how childhood was fun...Lets go back. I want to hear a good childhood memory from each of you.

I will start. When i was in preschool, I got my first pair of scissors. I decided I wanted to cut my doll's hair, and my mom said "no! Her hair won't grow back like yours will!" So I in my 4 year old mind think "OK I will just cut my own hair." I went into my bedroom and proceded to cut the top part of my hair off. My mom caught me and was horrified. She took me to get it fixed. Keep in mind this is dead in the middle of the 80's and mullets were cool. You guessed it, to "fix" the mess I made, they just evened everything out and let me keep the mullet I so proudly gave myself. Maybe one day I will scan in a picture of that awfulness. Yes friends! I had a mullet at one stage of my life!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the police can write him a citation for running the stop-sign.

~Matt

um... yeah... said...

i made it into the top 10 - i wonder if you'd be able to see that, too, or if it's just to boost my own self esteem.

however, josh died on the way, and gary got dysentery. lol.

Anonymous said...

One time I fell in a store because I tripped over my Scooby-Doo Poncho and hurt my arm and my mom got mad at me cause I wouldn't stop crying. She finally took me to the doctor almost 5 days later and I had broken my arm. Needless to say, the apologies began flowing.

Anonymous said...

that is so sad adam. I had bad look breaking bones when I was in second and third grade.

Anonymous said...

that is so sad adam. I had bad look breaking bones when I was in second and third grade.

... said...

Zoobas mofo! I had a pair of Giant's zoobas pants. Got them the year they won the Super Bowl (87)... and oh yea, before they won the Super Bowl (i.e. bought them in fall '86). My Dad's a sports genius, he bought them for me. I think I just liked the colors, had a Giants zoobas football too but don't remember what I did with it. I'm sure it's still somewhere, or buried in the rubble of our old house. Either way, Zoobas were where it was at. And M.C. Hammer. And while I'm segwaying to music let's slip some Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet in there. If you didn't own that CD, well, you're probably a better person.