Friday, April 22, 2005

What if?

I think this is a question that gets asked way too much. What if? What if I do this and then they get mad? or What if I really shouldn't be dating this person? or What if I really should be dating this person? What if I never get married? What if I get hurt? On and on and on... Why do we always ask that? It brings more problems than good. Right now, I feel like my mind is in a constant state of What if? I hate it. I wish I just could have everything figured out. I don't. I don't think I ever will. I was reading the other day in Matthew, and in Matthew 6, my Bible had labeled a section "the cure for anxiety." I found it pretty fitting. One of the verses goes something like "Don't worry about tomorrow, today has enough troubles on its own." How true is that?

That is all these what if questions are. They are just worries about tomorrow. I am going to throw some more verses out there. In Romans 8:28 it says that all things work together for good to them that love the Lord.. Why can't we keep that in mind? That is actually a verse I tend to hate from time to time. When bad times are all around and somebody says all things will work together for good, I usually just want to give them a nice kick in the booty. I don't want to hear that. I want things to work out NOW!

I think we all want things to work out, and when they aren't going exactly as planned, we freak out and worry. I admit I am worried. My life seems to be at a pretty big turning point. I am going back to school. What if I can't afford to go? Brian T. and I have moved on....what if we shouldn't have? C. Brian is really cool...what is going to happen? What if I lose somebody close to me? What if? What if? Blah...

I guess I just need to remember that today has enough troubles on its own...so I just need to take things day by day...

No comments: