Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A few things

1. I was watching the news last night and there were a few touching stories that really got to me.
*A couple years ago there was this really bad paint truck accident here in Indy. There was a paint crew riding in the back of the truck and someone extremely smart lit a cigarette causing the truck to catch fire. Two people died and there were a bunch of severely injured people. There was one guy on the truck that got burned over 85% of his body or something. I guess he was the most badly burned person to ever leave the Wishard burn unit alive. He was crippled and had to learn to walk again. The best he could do was with his walker. He promised his kids a trip to Disneyworld this year (with him driving there) if he could get his walking up to par. One week before they were to leave, he developed a very bad infection in is leg...it was related to the burn. Doctors told him that the only was to save his life would be to amputate his leg. They did the surgery, but he was still determined to take his kids to Disneyworld...sooo a week later, before the prosthesis was even made, he took his kids to Disneyworld. It was a painful trip for him, but how sweet is that? I don't think I would be able to do that...I am too much of a baby
*There is a woman who is dying of breast cancer. She has a three year old daughter. She wants her daughter to be able to know her and have a mother growing up. She is making tons of cards for every occasion so her daughter will always have her there. She is writing letters, making videos, sharing memories, pictures..etc...She also is answering a lot of questions her daughter may have as she is growing up. How incredibly awesome is that? She has so much stuff she has made that it would take her daughter a long time to get through it, so that way her mother is always there. I think that is very sweet. I probably would just want to roll over and die as soon as I could, feel sorry for myself..but not her...that's awesome

2. Ellery came to town on Saturday. They really are awesome. It was raining something awful; it basically made me crazy I do believe. Brian finally got to meet them...and see them play a couple songs before he and Josh had to run off to their own show. Afton, her sister, and her sister's boyfriends came and Afton declared herself their newest biggest fan. They really are good. I highly recommend buying one of their CD's. I promise you won't be disappointed, and really, that is how they make their money. This is their job. Buy one! After the show, we had to face Black Expo traffic. It was horrendous. I ended up not making it up to Broadripple for Kristin's party. That's alright though. I was incredibly tired. I just crashed hard. Wow..I am sure everybody was completely interested in that.

3. I guess I am going to be getting to make a real website. I have been playing around with GoLive lately and it was fun. Apparently I am on the board for Indy Young Adult Mass now. That's funny. I am going to get to make a website, and I get to do some hospitality type stuff. I also get to help plan out stuff for the reception. For Tyana, I won't have to clean up tables or coffee :) It will be more like planning games and such. It will be fun. Anyway...I am excited that I get to make a real one because I sort of have been making a fake one. You can check it out if you would like. It is for Great Scott!, and it definitely is far from finished...but the about us page looks cool, and you can click on Matt, Brett, and Chad. The contact us page looks nice too...but it doesn't work yet. Here it is. Keep checking back because more stuff will be making its way on it. If you would like to see their real website, go here. Now, on the fake one, I am just hosting it off of the filemanager thing IUPUI has, so sometimes things won't load up right. Be patient!

4. I cut my hair! It was getting pretty long, but alas! it is all gone! It is not that short...but it definitely is shorter. I like it. It makes me look a few days older. Ha. I will put a picture up soon.

5. Thom asked a question in a comment below for all you blog readers...He asked if you were a computer, what kind of computer would you be?
Thom said he would be a middle-aged semi-militant black lesbian AS400...
I said I would be a Sony Vaio laptop because it is small and cute.
What would you be?

6. Speaking of Thom, I really do like to see where people come from to get to my blog. I forget if it is google or yahoo, but if you search for berbee blog, my blog comes up third. Sweet.

7. I would like to give a shout out to Jason (if he is reading this) and Brian (who may read this). Brian had to trade cars with his mom this weekend and conveniently had a van. Jason's parents had a truck. They both helped me FINALLY move my crap out of my apartment. I found $5.02 worth of change on my old bedroom floor. cool.. I have my new bedroom set up..and that's nice...finally! my own bed!

8. I think I will stop now.

4 comments:

... said...

"Their" newest biggest fan... what is Indy Young Adult Mass?, you missed a good party but if Ellery is as good as you say, good live music is always a good excuse, and if I was a computer... I would be a... I dunno, probably a custom built because they're easily upgradable.

With voice ID, eye scanner, and a motion tracking laser security system that automatically fried any AOL disk within five feet. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am quite embarrassed to think that what I type here might be tied back to my employeer. Don't hold it against them, I interview very well ;)

Speaking of those AOL cd's, the company who packages all of AOL's cd's is another client of mine. I tried to pull some strings but I still get them in my mailbox too.

-thom

um... yeah... said...

i won't dignift the computer question with a response.

i will say getting stuck in black expo traffic as a couple of white girls was interesting. glad i got to spend it with you.

you'll have to change your URL for ellery, too. ellery.com was already taken, so their is www.ellerymusic.com . everyone go there!

and your great scott website is way better than theirs now. it's informative, but looks like something i could've made on geocities. lol. their posters are so cool - it'd be awesome if their site was equally as cool!

okay this is like the longest comment ever.

Anonymous said...

I miss you Rose. This is the longest we've ever gone without talking!!! Well, that is, since we met. There were a whole 18 years where we didn't talk. But since then, it's been a while.