Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm back...please don't give up on me...I've got lots to say

I apologize for giving my faithful readers nothing the last few weeks. I know that you are very disappointed. I promise that this post will make up for it completely. In fact, due to my lack of preparing people. This post could be downright shocking. Are you wondering yet? Getting nervous??? Hmmm... I would be.

BUT FIRST!

I know my pictures aren't working. I had them stored on my file manager for school. They changed systems. I just now figured that out. They should be back up and running soon. I know you are anxious. Edit...I think my pictures and stuff are working now. Not sure...it works on my computer at least. Let me know. Oh yeah, and I changed it back to the old way...well sort of the old way. Stupid me, I didn't save the template. I like the picture of me playing in the sand way too much not to have it up here. What do you think?

AND SECOND!

I am starting to wonder about my social life. The friday before last, I went to a fish fry. That's right, a fish fry. I left my house in Broadripple to go to a FISH FRY in Wannamaker (Huh?). It was good times. Then, this past friday, I come home and there is an assortment of people at my house for "game night." This is what cool people do my friends. Yes...very cool people. Don't you want in on it? There was a lot of Catch a Phrase action going on. I had a hot dog and ice cream cake. mmm. This is riveting reading isn't it?

THIRD!

You will never guess what I am doing for a bit of part time work right now. It's actually sort of sad. I'm a little bored, thought "hey! I could use a bit of extra money!" So...I went and got myself another partime job to add to my ranks. That's how I roll, know? No full-time work for me. So the place I am working is none other than the place I spent six years of my life at. I know I know...it's crazy. Tyana...you will have to tell Josh about this. He'll get a kick out it. That's right folks...it's none other than the good old Chuck E. Cheese. I'm working on my master's in math...and I am working at Chuck E. Cheese. So that's a bit shocking...but not as shocking as number four.

FOURTH!

Wait for it...wait for it...are you ready? Are you sitting down??? I'm CATHOLIC now. I mean, I have always been catholic, but now I am Catholic. It was not a last minute thing. I have been contemplating this for a long time. For some reason, I just forgot to let people know when I was going to do it. You may have guessed it would happen at some point, I mean, why else would I go to mass all the time. Anyway, it was a really awesome experience...getting confirmed and all that. I am very very appreciative to Fr. McCarthy. This priest sort of took me under his wing. He's awesome. He also is moving to Austria on Wednesday. That's sort of sad. Anyway, I have spent the past few months in contact with him. It was sort of my RCIA. Let me tell you, it was hard. He makes you answer your own questions. It was good though. I learned a lot. It was also awesome to participate in communion for the first time. I wasn't an outsider anymore. Ha..I never thought I would ever here the words I'm Catholic come out of my mouth. So yeah, that happened Saturday. I had a car full of people go down with me to Seymour. Good times...
After I got back...I went out with my roommie...she was really excited about becoming Catholic. She even said "welcome to the family." She was upset she wasn't there...so we went out. The thing is...she not even a practicing Catholic. It makes me chuckle. Any yeah, so at the bar, we drank beer. Catholics can do that.

I do have some stuff to say...

To Tyana...sorry I neglected to tell you before the fact. You may have guessed it would happen at some time or the other. It's sort of weird isn't it? I'm still normal though. We should talk soon! I mean...Really soon.

To Matt...Yap...I guess the Anglican church is just not right for me. Ha...I'm Catholic. Think back to freshman year of college...When I said..."I'm not Southern Baptist! I'm Independent Baptist!." Where did this come from???

To Becky...What do you think mom and dad will say?

To them...I just wanted to throw your name in there because you read this. You're cool.

To Sarah...What up?

To my Catholic readers...Thanks to the peeps that went down with me on Sat. It was neat to have you there. And thanks to people that couldn't be there but were definitely on my mind (Tony, Jessica). I love you guys! You meant a lot to me on this loonies Hard journey.

To everybody else...It's weird isn't it? I'm freaking Catholic.

Ok..So that was the shocker.

There is probably a lot more I could say. I mean, deeper stuff that went through my mind. If you ask me questions about it, I will answer.

******

In other news...I can not find my keys anywhere!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose! I miss you. Not much going on, just wedding stuff and Andrew, the usual. We should hang out sometime and you can tell me about your new religion. I think your dad will freak, but as long as it makes you happy and it's who you are, that's all that matters. Congratulations, you found a religion! YEAH!!! Call me.
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Congrads again on becoming a fish-eater! And yes, we drink a lot.
~Your Godmother~

Anonymous said...

Everything was beautiful Saturday Rose. THANK YOU!!! :)

Could you have left your keys in Seymour by any chance? You might want to check with Fr. McCarthy.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I drink beer and I'm most definately not Catholic... btw World Cup starts this weekend! You need to come down next monday and watch the US game w/ us.

Tha Brian

Anonymous said...

Teresita! We've been playing phone tag since you took the train to Rome. I'll give you a call soon. I was just catching up on your blog, which makes me smile. Funny girl. Praise God, not just for getting on the train--that's just the beginning--but signing up for the whole journey, the whole adventure. Hi-ho-silver!!!! Woooo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So no sex until marriage and a scorn for homosexuals? That doesn't sound like you dude. In fact that doesn't sound like any rational person.

Anonymous said...

First: Sam, I like you a whole lot, and not in a reverse-psychology sort of way. Second, I was struck by your comment and looked up scorn. CONTEMPT OR DERISION? Ouch. You've got passion, though, and that rocks.
I can see how the Jesus's teachings as explained by the Church would appear so, but when reading the Catholic Catechism (http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/) or John Paul II's Theology of the Body (www.theologyofthebody.net)--which you've read,right?--there is nothing tought but love and respect of the dignity of each and every individual soul, no matter what. However, there is a design and order to this love, which sucks because we've got to put some limits on "doing what ever we feel like." (Check out www.couragerc.net, too.)
"GOD IS LOVE" right? In fact, I invite you, Sam, to check out Theology on Tap this Tuesday, 7pm at the Elbow Room. The Topic is the pope's new letter "God is Love." Bring your young, passionate and articulate self, and ask why the Church teaches what she teaches.