Sunday, June 25, 2006

Now that's what I'm talking about...

What a weekend. Good times. I did a 5k on Saturday up in Fishers. It was fun. It was the first race I did since the mini. Jessie came up and did it too. She's getting the running bug...sweet.

So yeah, this run...it had no mile markers at all. I didn't know what was going on or how far I had to go...The last 5k I did was Best Buddies Dash for Friendship. In that race, I ran a 24:42. I was pretty excited about that. It was the first 5k race I ran that I broke 8 minute pace. PLUS I got third place in my age group (20-29) and 6th place for the women. (20th overall) Of course, this race was REALLY slim pickings...only 137 people did it and of those 137, only 42 even broke 30 minutes.

Ok, back to this past weekend's race...My goal was to break 24. I figured I have been training for about 2 weeks, I had that in the bag :). I did a 23:27! That's exciting to me...so my pace was 7:32!
Sweet. In this race, I ended up getting second in my age group...again, this age group was 20-29. So, I got second in a group of 45. PLUS I ended up 13th out of 317 females. This time, there were about 300 people that broke 30 minutes...a little better than Best Buddies. Still yet, it wasn't like the super fast runners of the world were running it, I got a second place silver medal. That's enough to keep my motivation up and going! So check it out... Go Here and change it to show the top 15 finishers...you see me! My name is spelled wrong, but there I am! It's enough to make me feel cool.

It's a long way from were I was a year and a half ago when I ran my first 5k race. I ran the Jingle Bell Run in December of 2004 in 31:10... YIKES! That shows you that almost anybody has hope :). Jessie, you beat that time...so you'll be kicking my butt soon :).

So enough about running, this run was part of the Fishers Freedom Festival, so after the run, we got to partake in some festival activities...there were water balloons, there was singing, there was everything...most importantly, there was a TENT FULL OF PEOPLE GIVING AWAY FREE STUFF! Now that's what I'm talking about. Of course, none of it is stuff you need...it's just the pure excitement that comes from getting all the stuff. It most definitely was random. Very random. We laughed very hard. It was just like a south side festival, just minus the mullets...

k. I think that's all I'm going to say for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I was really wanting to feel lazy and just lay here tonight....then I read this and now I'm heading out the door to go running!